Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Problem with PLB2PLB Bridge in EDK 9.2.04

Hi all,

I am having some problems using the PLB2PLB bridge in EDK 9.2.04. I have created a customized peripheral on my own with 2 input registers and 1 output register, among other stuff. It works perfectly when I connect it in a PLB bus attached to a microblaze processor. The problem comes when I connect it to a secondary PLB bus, connected with the primary PLB by means of a PLB2PLB bridge. I connect all the components in such a way that the master side of the bridge is connected to the primary PLB and the slave side, to the secondary PLB; which, in turn, is connected to the peripheral. In the "Adresses" tab, I assign to the bridge 64KBof memory.

I perform 2 write operations and 1 read on the registers. The problem is that only the first write works; and when I try to do the second write, it doesn't work any more...

I have read here: (http://forums.xilinx.com/xlnx/board/message?board.id=EDK&thread.id=6979) that the bridge actually doesn't work in the version 10.1 of the ISE tools. Maybe it doesn't work also for EDK 9.2.04, so I have also tried to include the newest version of the PLB bridge, included in EDK 11.1 (just copying the IP core that the installation includes to my local IP repository, and including it), but still it doesn't work.

Any guess?? I don't know if I'm doing something wrong... On the other hand, my particular issue is that I need to use the 9.2.04 version of EDK necessarily because I'm using the "Early Access Partial Reconfiguration" tool as well.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Problem with PLB2PLB Bridge in EDK 9.2.04

Hi,

The first thing I would check is the C_RNG0_BASEADDR of the bridge. Make sure that it covers the address of the custom peripheral.

It would be better if you can elaborate a little bit on the issue. What did you mean by the second write doesn't work? How did you verify it, with ChipScope or something else?

-Felix

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Problem with PLB2PLB Bridge in EDK 9.2.04

Hi,

The C_RNG0_BASEADDR of the bridge is exactly the same as the C_BASEADDR of my peripheral.

I have verified that the second write doesn't work by putting a xil_printf() below. Commenting the second write operation, the program finishes (and I can see the result of the xil_printf()). Otherwise, it doesn't execute the xil_printf(). I think that the system waits the second write to be completed, I mean, to receive some kind of acknowledge that never receives, as someone guesses in the link that I provided above. 

Regards.

0 Kudos