UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor fabdolian
Visitor

Problem with file access in XPS!

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am having a very strange problem. I can create add and remove projects and files into the XPS without any problem, but as soon as I choose the "Clean Project" on a SW, I get the following error message:

/cygdrive/c/Xilinx/10.1/EDK/gnu/microblaze/nt/bin/../lib/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/4.1.1/../../../../microblaze-xilinx-elf/bin/ld.real: cannot open output file TestApp_Peripheral/executable.elf: Permission denied
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [TestApp_Peripheral/executable.elf] Error 1
Done!

The problem seems that cygwin or XPS changes the access rights to the file so I can no longer touch it. Not even from Windows or inside the Cygwin window can I read/write or change the access rights of this file.

I am really puzzled, I will stop calling the "clean project" but I have to find a way to clean up these files.

Really appreciate your help,

/Farhad

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor fabdolian
Visitor

Re: Problem with file access in XPS!

Jump to solution

Ok,

I found the problem! I had a crashed debugger in the background that was blocking the access to that file. When I killed thar process, the file was removed :(

2 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor fabdolian
Visitor

Jump to solution

Ok,

I found the problem! I had a crashed debugger in the background that was blocking the access to that file. When I killed thar process, the file was removed :(

Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution
While this is very old, the same odd behavior appeared with the 2016.2 SDK. A reboot a day ...
0 Kudos