Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msauerpb
Adventurer
Adventurer

Problems with XSDK 2017.4 and xilkernel

Hi,

I want to compile an existing design with a microblaze processor with xilkernel 6.4 running in a Artix-7 200 with Vivado 2017.4. The synthesis and implementation runs are done but I can't compile the BSP. I get the following error messages

11:39:13 INFO : Cleaning BSP projects in the workspace.

11:39:38 ERROR : (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Hsi 55-1545] Problem running tcl command ::sw_myxilkernel_v6_4::generate : error renaming "../standalone_v6_4/src/Makefile": no such file or directory

while executing

"file rename -force -- "../${standalone_version}/src/Makefile" "../${standalone_version}/src/Makefile_depends""

("microblaze" arm line 9)

invoked from within

"switch -regexp $proctype {

"microblaze" {

file copy -force "./src/Makefile_mb.sh" "./src/Makefile"

foreach entry [glob -nocomplain ..."

(procedure "::sw_myxilkernel_v6_4::generate" line 23)

invoked from within

"::sw_myxilkernel_v6_4::generate myxilkernel"

11:39:38 ERROR : (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Hsi 55-1442] Error(s) while running TCL procedure generate()

11:39:38 ERROR : (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Hsi 55-1450] Error: running generate_bsp.

11:39:38 ERROR : Failed in generating sources

11:39:38 INFO : BSP Project P/xilkernel_bsp_1 has been successfully migrated.

and

make -C Core1_microblaze_1/libsrc/myxilkernel_v6_4/src -s include "SHELL=CMD" "COMPILER=mb-gcc" "ARCHIVER=mb-ar" "COMPILER_FLAGS= -O2 -c -mcpu=v10.0 -mhard-float -mlittle-endian -mno-xl-soft-div -mno-xl-soft-mul -mxl-barrel-shift -mxl-float-convert -mxl-float-sqrt -mxl-multiply-high -mxl-pattern-compare" "EXTRA_COMPILER_FLAGS=-g"

"WB: working on standalone_include"

make: *** ../../standalone_v6_4/src: No such file or directory. Schluss.

make[1]: *** [standalone_include] Fehler 2

make[1]: Das Target »include« wurde wegen Fehlern nicht aktualisiert.

make: *** [Core1_microblaze_1/libsrc/myxilkernel_v6_4/src/make.include] Fehler 2

"Running Make include in Core1_microblaze_1/libsrc/tmrctr_v4_4/src"

make -C Core1_microblaze_1/libsrc/tmrctr_v4_4/src -s include "SHELL=CMD" "COMPILER=mb-gcc" "ARCHIVER=mb-ar" "COMPILER_FLAGS= -O2 -c -mcpu=v10.0 -mhard-float -mlittle-endian -mno-xl-soft-div -mno-xl-soft-mul -mxl-barrel-shift -mxl-float-convert -mxl-float-sqrt -mxl-multiply-high -mxl-pattern-compare" "EXTRA_COMPILER_FLAGS=-g"

make: Das Target »all« wurde wegen Fehlern nicht aktualisiert.

11:39:42 Build Finished (took 4s.243ms)

I don't change anything in the project structure. In XSDK 2017.3 / 2017.3.1 there isn't any problem with the same project and the compilation process will terminated without any errors.

Can you tell me, where the problem is?

Thank you for your help.

BR

martin

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ibaie
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @msauerpb

To be honest I did not try to compile the xilkernel by itself in 2017.4 but just let you know that Xilkernel has been deprecated since 2017.1 and actually will be removed from the installation folders in 2018.1 release as pointed in AR#69214.

If you still need it in 2017.4 we can take a look to the error but I will strongly recommend you to move to FreeRTOS.

Regards,

Ibai

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos