UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Program FPGA failed issue in SDK

Hi

I have a question on SDK tool.

I got the message as below

erro in sdk.JPG

I just connect jtag cable between the board & computer.

Then I tried to download

I got the message during download

Anyone know reason for this issue?

I have another question based on bit file

I want to know the detail of the relationship or difference between download.bit & xxx(project name).bit

such as the list below

download.bit

xxxxx.bit

xxxxx.elf

xxxxx.mmi

Anyone know the document number or tile for the definition or explanation of those file relationship?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Program FPGA failed issue in SDK

Can you delete these from your temp directory? It seems that SDK is unable to delete these files as its facing permission issues.

Also on your second query, download.bit intializes the bit file with the processor data from your elf file.

The file system.bit from your project , created after hardware generation , is an uninitialized bitstream and does not include the ELF file. It is only when you execute the command to download or update the bitstream that the system.bit and ELF files merge into download.bit.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx11/pp_p_process_update_bitstream_processor_data_xps.htm