UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Refresh Expressions window

Hello everyone,

I am using the expressions window to see the present values of my variables. There is a refresh button at the top, that refreshes the values and displays the most recent ones.I am using SDK 2018.2 with Zynq 7020 board to operate a power converter. I noticed that clicking on the 'Refresh' button creates glitches in my system and at times even trips my converter. I am afraid that this Refresh button is some kind of an interrupt to the CPU, that's given more preference that my system interrupts. I have attached a snapshot of the window.

xilinx_expressions_refresh.png

I would like to know if this is the case and how to avoid it. If not, I would like to know of another way to see my variables without using printf / xil_print functions.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Pramod

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Refresh Expressions window

Hi @leo_skadoosh23 

I would say that the debugger is generating the glitch while accessing to the memory to read out the variables. I'm not sure if it is going to work for you but you could try to increase your JTAG frequency so the fetching of the data gets faster than normal speed.

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos