UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Running hello_world as standalone application on Zynq in BOOT.BIN

I've created a BOOT.BIN file using the "Create Boot Image" tool in SDK with these files added in the following order:

zynq_fsbl_0.elf
system.bit
hello_world_0.elf

When I load it into either an SD card or SPI flash and power on I can tell the PL is configured as I have LEDs blinking from hardware, but my hello_world program won't run.
In "Create Zynq Boot Image" is there a trick to get the bootloader to jump to the standalone application?

I reverse the order of system.bit and hello_world_0.elf the PL doesn't load.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Running hello_world as standalone application on Zynq in BOOT.BIN

I found that if I cycle the power on the board a few times it eventually works. Would like to know if anyone has any insight as to how to make the process more reliable.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hey 

I want create bootloader like BOOT.BON but I want load the bootloader on the flash of the Arm. 

Best Regards. 

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

I've just had the same problem. Make sure that your FSBL and application linker scripts don't point to the same location. E.g. set the FSBL to be in processor 0's RAM and the application to be in DDR. That worked for me.

0 Kudos