cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

SDK 2014.1: Cannot download to target, "Another launch session with the same debug configuration is currently in progress."

Jump to solution

Here's one of many problems I never saw until I updated to Vivado 2014.1. I'm using a Zynq part, and in SDK I can program the FPGA with a bitstream, but when I try to download the elf file onto the ARM, I'm given the error

"Another launch session with the same debug configuration is currently in progress. Please wait until the previous launch is complete and then try again."

In XMD, disconnecting and connecting, and resetting don't change this problem. Similarly, when I try to download the .elf file directly through XMD it fails and says

Unknown Error Occured
Section, 0x00100000-0x0010f88b Not Accessible from Processor I-Side Interface

This is absurd, I used to be able to just download elf files without even involving XMD, so I'd love to know what's going on here.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Re: SDK 2014.1: Cannot download to target, "Another launch session with the same debug configuration is currently in progress."

Jump to solution
It seems I've found a solution, simply "rst -debug_sys" in the XMD console. I think it used to do that automatically, but now if you have multiple SDKs open you need to manually release the one that's debugging.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SDK 2014.1: Cannot download to target, "Another launch session with the same debug configuration is currently in progress."

Jump to solution
Hi,

Do you see this issue for the pre-defined zc702/zc706/zedboard hardware in SDK?

Is this only see for your workspace?

Will you be able to share the workspace?

Regards,
Achutha
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Jump to solution

Is there a solution for this now? I also have this problem since 2014.1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution
It seems I've found a solution, simply "rst -debug_sys" in the XMD console. I think it used to do that automatically, but now if you have multiple SDKs open you need to manually release the one that's debugging.

View solution in original post