UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

SDK 2014.1 Power Cycle Problem

Hello,

I just noticed a strange problem when using SDK 2014.1 WebPack with a custom ZYNQ board. I run a DDR Test and it shows the outputs in the console and the program exits. However after I power-cycle the board and try again, nothing gets displayed on the console. I close and reopen SDK, still nothing. I looked here for SDK 2014.1 known issues however I can not find anything related to my problem:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2014_1/SDK_Doc/reference/sdk_knownissues.htm

Is this indeed a known issue or am I missing something? Because I never experienced such a problem with 14.7 and before. Could Xilinx people please clarify this?

Regards,

Berk

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: SDK 2014.1 Power Cycle Problem

Perhaps I can elaborate on this a bit:

Before Power-Cycle                        After Power-Cycle

ISE + SDK 14.7                   Hello World                                      Hello World

Vivado + SDK 2014.1          Hello World                                   No Hello World

This happens every time. I use the same custom ZYNQ board in both of the runs. What can be the problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Can someone please shed a little light on the issue? This is a problem I am facing since one week and I can not move on to work on my actual design.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

I found out an ugly workaround for this issue. I generated the very same ps7 system in ISE 14.7 and choosed this ps7_init.tcl in SDK 2013.4 under run configurations. I am using a custom ZYNQ board.

Is there a possibility that the ps7_init.tcl is exported to the SDK with some faulty settings? I created the same ps system in Vivado and ISE 14.7. However the two ps7_init.tcl files have vast differences. Why is that?

0 Kudos