UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer jfrenzel
Observer

SDK 2014.4 breakpoints broken

I am running the SDK 2014.4 under Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Debugging of my C program using breakpoints and single stepping was working great when I left work on Friday and when I returned on Monday the program no longer halted at main() on startup, nor did the the breakpoints in the C code work. (They also changed appearance - from tiny circles to either a slash or an X,  I can't tell. The only thing I can figure is that either the weekend Windows update or updating Java broke it. I reverted to Java 7, but no go.

Is there anyway to restore some default settings to the debugger in case I inadvertently changed something?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: SDK 2014.4 breakpoints broken

Hi,

You can restore to defaults behavior of the SDK interface in the Preferences dialog box. Select Window > Preferences to open it, and click Xilinx SDK or or Run/Debug in the preference page to reset.

Regards

Praveen

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer jfrenzel
Observer

Re: SDK 2014.4 breakpoints broken

I'm afraid that didn't fix the problem. I still can't get any breakpoints to work. When I click on the a line in the C file it shows a little blue circle (as when it was working) but now there is a larger blue slash through it, which would seem to indicate a broken breakpoint. However, when I hover over it with the mouse it says "Line breakpoint: ... ".

But when I his run, it just goes, and goes, and goes. (The C code and my PL are working though.)

0 Kudos