Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mael_baudoin
Visitor
Visitor

SDK 2017.1 cannot find some compile arguments

Hi,

I have an issue when I try to compile a FreeRTOS based project on SDK (FreeRTOS KC_705 microblaze Demo, with a modified hardware file) .

RTOS (or SDK ?) generate automatically the makefile and others .mk, .map ...  and these files does not work.

This issue only happened when I build 'Debug' my project.

Here is the error message : 

Description Resource Path Location Type cannot find -l-Wl,--start-group,-lxil,-lgcc,-lc,--end-group RTOSDemo C/C++ Problem

and here is the console prompt linked to the error :

/sw/xilinx/vivado/2017.1/SDK/2017.1/gnu/microblaze/lin/bin/../lib/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/6.2.0/../../../../microblaze-xilinx-elf/bin/ld: cannot find -l-Wl,--start-group,-lxil,-lgcc,-lc,--end-group

I think i found the file which made my issue, it named objects.mk and here is it code (the "do not edit"  dissuaded me)  :

################################################################################
# Automatically-generated file. Do not edit!
################################################################################

USER_OBJS :=

LIBS := -l-Wl,--start-group,-lxil,-lgcc,-lc,--end-group -Wl,--start-group,-lxil,-lfreertos,-lgcc,-lc,--end-group -Wl,--start-group,-lxil,-llwip4,-lgcc,-lc,--end-group

I found a similar issue on the forum, but it was specific to windows computers and I am working on a Linux one...

I tried to google it and to fix it myself but I don't found anything helpful...

Is there any solution to fix this, or a clue I missed  ?

Thanks,

Maël

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ibaie
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @mael_baudoin ,

Those toolchain flags are automatically added by the makefile generator and there is nothing wrong in the first view. Actually those flags are toolchain options and not resources so not sure the reason of the error message.

For some additional debugging did you try to create and built a non FreeRTOS application? Also testing a FreeRTOS build with any given pre-built hardware platforms might give you some more information as well. The idea is to discard issues on your host machine settings/configuration that is generating this issues in the build.

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos