UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

SDK 2017.2 and IAR integration

Hi everyone,

I'm currently trying to integrate the IAR compiler inside the Xilinx SDK with FreeRtos and I'm struggling to make it work.

I've got my own hardware configuration that helps me to generate a BSP. I managed to modify the MakeFiles to use the "iccarm" compiler (IAR). But when I try to compile this BSP, and especially the "standalone" part necessary for FreeRtos, I've got several errors from the specific assembly code (asm_vectors.s, boot.s, etc.).

Is there a specific assembly configuration for IAR that I can found inside the SDK installation ? Or is it a BSP configuration parameter / file that I missed ?

Thanks,

Alexis

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar ericv
Scholar

Re: SDK 2017.2 and IAR integration

Hello @alexis_mediane

The IAR assembler is not compatible with the GNU assembler.

The instructions are but the macros, conditionals, section declarations, etc syntax is different.

I am afraid you'll have to manually edit the .s files.

You'll likely also have to re-write the start-up code because the IAR library initialization different from Newlib's initialization used in SDK.

Regards

Eric

0 Kudos

Re: SDK 2017.2 and IAR integration

Thanks Eric,

I managed to find some *.S files that compile with the IAR assembler. Now I have to do the same thing for the "portASM.s" file within Xilinx-FreeRtos sources. By any chance, if someone has the translatation from GCC to IAR it'll be very helpfull.

Regards,

Alexis

0 Kudos