UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer hessam2013
Observer

SDK 2017.2 templates wont compile

Jump to solution

Hi,

Lately moved to SDK2017.2 from 15.4, the very first thing that caught my attention was that HelloWorld and MemoryTester templates generated by sdk wont compile(didn't test other templates, but they will likely have the very same issue), the error is  conflicting types for 'print' and the workaround is simply to comment the print function declaration above main function, however it seems a bug to me so I preferred to report it

Regards,

Hessam

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: SDK 2017.2 templates wont compile

Jump to solution
Hi @hessam2013,

The point here is that Xilinx does not support version missmatch between tools. The tools are always tested using the same release for every single step, so I would say that it's not completelly surprising to have the issue with a higher vivado release HDF file.

Regards
Ibai

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution
Hi @hessam2013,

Thanks for reporting the issue to us, it's always welcome. I'm not aware of having issues with HelloWorld template so could you provide bit more details about the hardware platform being used?

I mean are you using one of the pre-defined platforms (zc702, zc706,...) or using an HDF file exported from a Vivado project?

Regards
Ibai

Ibai
0 Kudos
Observer hessam2013
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi @ibaie

Tnx for ur time,

Made some more fast further examinations and it looks like the problem only arises when the provided HDF is from higher vivado version(i.e 17.4), HDF generated from 17.2 or template HWs where OK (The line I mentioned to comment on the first post, isnt generated at all), However I tried the very same 17.4 HDF in SDK 15.4 and the hello world was generated OK, so still I think something is wrong in 17.2

Regards,

Hessam

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
Hi @hessam2013,

The point here is that Xilinx does not support version missmatch between tools. The tools are always tested using the same release for every single step, so I would say that it's not completelly surprising to have the issue with a higher vivado release HDF file.

Regards
Ibai

Ibai

View solution in original post

0 Kudos