UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor prathamesh
Visitor

SDK 2017.4 Windows 10 issue

Jump to solution

Hello All,

I have been facing weird issue with simple hello world app. Looks like something is wrong with SDK2017.4 and windows 10.

I did not have any problem using my hardware design with windows 7.

from the SDK console:

"Compiling standalone"
cc1.exe: fatal error: can't open 'C:\Users\prath\AppData\Local\Temp\cc4CAvrH.s' for writing: Permission denied
compilation terminated.
cc1.exe: fatal error: can't open 'C:\Users\prath\AppData\Local\Temp\cc4CAvrH.s' for writing: Permission denied
compilation terminated.
compilation terminated.
compilation terminated.
compilation terminated.
compilation terminated.
compilation terminated.
compilation terminated.
compilation terminated.
compilation terminated.

I have checked known issues AR and forum but did not find anything yet.

Regards,

Pratham

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor prathamesh
Visitor

Re: SDK 2017.4 Windows 10 issue

Jump to solution

@gwendal.hays I changed the temp directory to C:\Temp and It resolved my SDK issue.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Visitor gwendal.hays
Visitor

Jump to solution

Same issue here, only the name of the file changes.

It worked after trying several times, for no reason, but that's definitely not a solution to try again and again.

I changed the temp directory, made sure I hade all permissions, nothing changed.

0 Kudos
Visitor gwendal.hays
Visitor

Jump to solution

Please find the log file, maybe it can help ?

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Does not seem to me like a Xilinx problem but a Windows one.

AppData folder is a hidden one, and maybe the access is restricted, check that.

I also have SDK 2017.4 on Windows 10 and no problems, at least of that type. Is that happening with any project?

0 Kudos
Visitor gwendal.hays
Visitor

Jump to solution

I agree that it is probably a Windows issue.

In my case, it happens for every project. I tried playing with the accesses, changing the temp directory, nothing changes. 

0 Kudos
Observer yfuji38
Observer

Jump to solution

McAfee VirusScan might open the files  at the same time.

If you are using McAfee, disable and try out.

Just FYI, similar issue:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB86515

--fuji

0 Kudos
Visitor prathamesh
Visitor

Jump to solution

@gwendal.hays I changed the temp directory to C:\Temp and It resolved my SDK issue.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Disabling McAfee live scan mode worked for me. Also, greatly speeded up the compilation time.

0 Kudos
Newbie jems-ford

Jump to solution

Windows 10 is the latest operating system. It is basically using the laptop and computer. You can use the SDK in normally using in the JAVA or Android. But sometimes SDK gives an error working in the windows 10 environment. You can update the version of the SDK. If your Windows 10 is not working then please contact Windows Tech Support for the proper solution.

0 Kudos