Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rfeneon
Visitor
Visitor

SDK 2017.4/Windows: cannot build library with large number of files

Jump to solution

Hi,

I was unable to generate a library (cortex-r5) with a large number of files on Windows, armr5-none-eabi-ar returning a 'file not found' error for an object, the problem is that the object file exists and has been correctly compiled, but the filename passed to the archiver is corrupted.

It's seems this could be an issue with the length of the command line, on windows cmd.exe has a limitation of 8192 characters for the command line which can be problematic if it is involved to call 'ar' with a large number of files.

I have solved the problem by remplacing the make.exe in SDK/gnuwin/bin with a version (4.2.1) that I have downloaded and compiled myself directly from the gnu make site www.gnu.org/software/make, you should consider to update the version actually shipped with the sdk if it's the cause of the problem.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ibaie
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
Hi @rfeneon,

Thanks for you feedback, I will rise this issue to the engineering team to make them aware of this issue.

Best Regards,
Ibai

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ibaie
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
Hi @rfeneon,

Thanks for you feedback, I will rise this issue to the engineering team to make them aware of this issue.

Best Regards,
Ibai

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

rfeneon
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks!

0 Kudos