Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrSAB
Observer
Observer

SDK 2018.3 debug launch stops at 57%

Jump to solution

The SDK (2018.3) debug-launch stalls at 57% with this in the log window. 
sdk logsdk log
On cancelling the launch it shows that it had been stuck at connect  -url tcp:127.0.0.1:3121The only way to recover from this is to restart the computer. After computer restart it launches okay but after a few re-launches gets stuck in the same status again.I have tried (1) restarting the SDK (2) terminating all sdk processes in task manager (3) disabling firewall and (4) restarting the stack (hardware),  but no success. ( SDK 2018.3 / Target device: Zynq7000/ Windows 10 Enterprise)

I am wondering if any of you have seen this problem and have found a solution. 

Cheers. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ibaie
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @DrSAB 

I have seen issues connecting to the hw_server when launching a debug session, but usually there is no need to go to the system restart. The debug use case contains several pieces that needs to be understood:

IDE GUI -> XSDB -> hw_server -> Device

When a debug session is launched in SDK, both XSDB and the hardware server are launched under the hood. The connection between the different servers is done through TCF which means is a network connection even in the some host machine, that's why sometimes firewalls needs to be checked.

When a debug session is finished/cancelled sometimes it might be that a service keeps running in the background generating some issue in the next launches, in general checking the processes running and killing those outstanding should be enough.

If the problem still remains the same I would recommend to launch hw_server manually. You can either open a XSCT command line and type hw_server or just run the executable from the installation directory. The idea is that hw_server remains open always and the debugger connects to the one you have launched manually instead of being launching on every debug session. I've found that this is bit more reliable.

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ibaie
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @DrSAB 

I have seen issues connecting to the hw_server when launching a debug session, but usually there is no need to go to the system restart. The debug use case contains several pieces that needs to be understood:

IDE GUI -> XSDB -> hw_server -> Device

When a debug session is launched in SDK, both XSDB and the hardware server are launched under the hood. The connection between the different servers is done through TCF which means is a network connection even in the some host machine, that's why sometimes firewalls needs to be checked.

When a debug session is finished/cancelled sometimes it might be that a service keeps running in the background generating some issue in the next launches, in general checking the processes running and killing those outstanding should be enough.

If the problem still remains the same I would recommend to launch hw_server manually. You can either open a XSCT command line and type hw_server or just run the executable from the installation directory. The idea is that hw_server remains open always and the debugger connects to the one you have launched manually instead of being launching on every debug session. I've found that this is bit more reliable.

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

emincetin
Observer
Observer

didn't understand. isn't there any automated solution to solve this? Should I do it every debug? it is annoying

0 Kudos