UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Voyager
Voyager

SDK BSP error expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'typedef'

Hello,

in Vivado SDK 2018.2 I have this error in BSP code when I generate BSP:

"expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'typedef'"

I tried to delete .sdk folder and export hardware another time and also I tried to reset project and I syntetized and implemented it another time but nothing changes. What you suggest me_?

Thanks everyone in advance.

SDKBSPErr.jpg
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Re: SDK BSP error expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'typedef'

look for the offending file in the bsp folder. You might get more clues.

Otherwise, could you start the project over again, just copying the source files? It might sound silly but sometimes vivado gets stuck in situations it can't get out gracefully.

Voyager
Voyager

Re: SDK BSP error expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'typedef'

Hi @johnvivm

thanks for the help!

I tried importing source files (copy and paste) in a new project but it doesn't work. Now I'm syntetizing and implementing an old working backup of the design manually updated to the last version. I hope that in this way I could get it work.

0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

Hi @johnvivm,

also with a new project I have same problemem, instead if I open the project on another PC with windows 10 and vivado 2018.2 the problem disappears. So it seem that in Vivado or SDK there are some setting or temporary files that I have to reset. Have you some suggestions for me? Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

@pierlum, I tend to be quite radical with those issues. Uninstall - Force delete folders - Clean registry and windows rubbish - Install. If not, save your stuff, wipe the disk and start over again from the OS... you may spend a whole day or two, but trying to fix it could be longer and you'll never know if there is anything left. 

Voyager
Voyager

Hi @johnvivm,

so I'll unistall Vivado+SDK, delete folder manually and reinstall. Tahnk you.

0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

Have a spare sledgehammer around if you need it. 

0 Kudos