UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor buddean
Visitor

SDK Java crashes

I have Vivado tool suite 2014.2 running on Centos 6.6.  I am building a project on a ZC702 eval board. I built, simulated and debugged my HW project.  I exported my HW and launched SDK. I opened a new standalone project (hello world) with the intent of building some simple standalone tests to exercise my HW. SDK created the project and the bsp. It built the SW project. However, every time I try to select the console window SDK pauses for several seconds and then just closes.

I have tried several things including building a simple hello world tutorial from scratch for the ZC702 in the HW and SW with none of my custon HW.  I get the same results when I select the console window.
I then opened SDK directly, created a New Project/C Project/Hello World ANSI C Project with Debug and Release configurations selected.  When I hit Finish, SDK opens an "Open Associated Perspective?" dialog box.  When I say Yes the dialog closes and a few seconds later SDK closes.

As long as I don't touch the console or the perspective window I can create and delete projects, rebuild the bsp and the SDK will build the initial SW for a new project.

I have searched web and forums. There was one forum thread that mentioned SDK and Java but the thread was never completed. Have tried multiple variations but selecting the Console window or responding to the Perspective dialog always crash.  Our IT guy captured the following crash report:

Nov  6 10:22:03 rdryww0-030131 abrtd: Directory 'ccpp-2014-11-06-10:21:53-11908' creation detected Nov  6 10:22:03 rdryww0-030131 abrt[12008]: Saved core dump of pid 11908 (/opt/Xilinx/SDK/2014.2/tps/lnx64/jre/bin/java) to /var/spool/abrt/ccpp-2014-11-06-10:21:53-11908 (1788801024 bytes) Nov  6 10:22:03 rdryww0-030131 abrtd: Executable '/opt/Xilinx/SDK/2014.2/tps/lnx64/jre/bin/java' doesn't belong to any package and ProcessUnpackaged is set to 'no'
Nov  6 10:22:03 rdryww0-030131 abrtd: 'post-create' on '/var/spool/abrt/ccpp-2014-11-06-10:21:53-11908' exited with 1 Nov  6 10:22:03 rdryww0-030131 abrtd: Deleting problem directory '/var/spool/abrt/ccpp-2014-11-06-10:21:53-11908'

Since the crash report specifies Java IT looked to make sure everything seemed to be correct. However, we don't have the context to identify and fix the issue.  We are running Java Update 71.  Java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.71.

If anyone can point us in the right direction that would be a great help.

Thanks

Bud Dean

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SDK Java crashes

created a New Project/C Project/Hello World ANSI C Project

Hi Bud,

Can you try using File -> New -> Application Project instead?

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Visitor buddean
Visitor

Re: SDK Java crashes

I opened SDK

I then selected File->New->Project (under File/New I don't have a selection called Application Project at this point)

A New Project dialog appears that's labeled "Select a wizard"

I selected C/C++ "Hello World" and completed the wizard.

When I responed to the perspective dialog it crashed.

I restarted SDK

I then selected File->New->Project (under File/New I don't have a selection called Application Project at this point)

A New Project dialog appears that's labeled "Select a wizard"

I looked at other options an found Xilinx -> Application Program

I filled in my board data and selected "hello world" and it built

The console window scrolled a lot info, console didn't crash.

Seemed to work fine.

Wanted to try it more times before declaring success.

Closed SDK

Restarted SDK

Now I see File -> New -> Application Program

Enter board data and choose Peripheral Test

It builds, I can select the Console window and see build data in the console. But if i just stop moving the cursor around after about 10ish seconds SDK just closes

Did this a couple more times with crashes.

Also, at this point I don't have the development board attached the computer.  I'm just trying to build a small test program.

Hope this makes sense to you 'cause I'm somewhat confused.

Thanks

Bud Dean

0 Kudos