UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

SDK Linux application run and debug in host server configuration

Jump to solution

This is my setup.

+ Target ZCU111 using 2 conections

- Ethernet (to be used by the linux application) connected to the host machine

- JTAG (NOT using the USB Platform II Xilinx cable) just normal JTAG conected to the host machine  (WIN 10)

+The host (win10)  has a wireless IP which is  in the same network as the Linux guest.

- Vivado lab is installed, It has the hw_server.dat running on the default port 3121.

- Vivado hardware manager in host can see that the target is connected.

- The ethernet communication (wireless adapter) with the guest linux machine is ok, there is connectivity. It is the wireless  adapter but their communication never reach the acces point, it is internal.

- I can ssh the target thorugh the NIC adapter. This connection is only used when the linux application runs to communicate with the GUI app in windows host.

+ Guest Linux machine (virtualbox)

- petalinux, vivado and SDK is installed.

- ethernet adapter is bridge mode and can ping host (wireless adpater).

- Using vivado hardware manager in guest  we can see the target.

The goal here is use SDK in guest Linux to debug and run application on the target through the system debugger. My guess would be like using vivdado, in SDK I would connect to the hw_server service on host_ip:3121, tcp connection, and the server running in host will communicate with the target via USB which is not working.

I have been reading here but when I run the application nothing happens, the application is the template from xilinx helloworld.c and the project compiles with no issues. I can see in the SDK logs that we can communicate with the server but nothing about the target.

I am not sure if my setup is ok nor if this is the right way to use SDK to connect to host (IP based) and then the server host will communicate with the target tru USB port.

Finally, I tried to add the USB port in my virtualbox linux but it can not open the ttyUSB port so I gave up this option. Any help would be appreciated.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: SDK Linux application run and debug in host server configuration

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jump to solution

I could not make it work with the host usb local but what I did worked and here it is:

- Connect the board to the local network,

- Use the ethernet wire connection and bridge my guest linux to that netrowork instead of the wireless eventhough the data never leaves my environment.

- Make sure that the board (target) has the TCF agent available, I use petalinux to check the rootfs and get the TCF agent app build.

- make sure connectivity works between host, guest and board.

- In sdk run configuration as system debugger, leave the import app folder as default, add the IP of teh target and the default port. 

- build the application and ran with no issues.

I did not waste time trying to fix the USB issues between host, guest and board.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
0 Kudos