cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickyalbert
Visitor
Visitor

SDK - Memory dump from console

Hi everybody, I need to create a script that every second does a memory dump of the same portion of DDR of my ZedBoard and saves it into a binary file on my PC. The memory dump using the GUI works fine, but I need something on console more sophisticated. Do you know can I achieve that?

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
6 Replies
athandr
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

in the xmd or xsdk SDK console the below commands work to get a dump of any interface connected through AXI from the processor (microblaze or arm). Below are the commands

mrd <address> <number> - this gives the dump from the starting address to the next <number> amount of addresses. You can choose to dump it to a TCL file.
Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
rickyalbert
Visitor
Visitor

HI Anirudh, how can I dump the output of mrd into a tcl file? Anyway mrd/mwr work on xmd console but in xsdb I get "Context does not support memory read. Unsupported command"

0 Kudos
rickyalbert
Visitor
Visitor

I also read that I can use memory dump on GDB, which is used as sdk debugger. However I don't know where to use these commands:

https://sourceware.org/gdb/onlinedocs/gdb/Dump_002fRestore-Files.html

0 Kudos
sampatd
Scholar
Scholar

0 Kudos
rickyalbert
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you, I had already read that post. The problem is that I can't find anywhere in my project the output file, it seems that it's not created. Does that method work with Windows?
0 Kudos
sampatd
Scholar
Scholar

It should. You can try issuing the tcl commands in XSDB console if XMD does not work.

Let me know the outcome.
0 Kudos