Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

SDK - Searching for tutorials and examples

Jump to solution

Hi,

I just wanted to find some simple examples and tutorial for using the Microblaze in a Spartan 6.

I have only the free license from ISE so I'm not able to open Hello World example which I've already seen in many videos, examples, and so on.

I'm using the Plan Ahead in which I add a MicroBlaze, generate the hardware information *.xml, open it as a hardware platform in SDK. I create a Empty Application. I see all the *.h files, the *.c file and NOW WHAT?

Where do I find which functions I have to use and what configuration I must set for a simple Terminal Application? I found many pieces of examples but nothing from A to Z. I have 20 tabs with 20 different *.pdf from Xilinx in my Google Chrome but I didn't manage to put all pieces together.

Can anyone share a link, document, example with the basics and a simple project from A to Z.

Thanks,

Paul

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SDK - Searching for tutorials and examples

Jump to solution

Hi,

If you would want to get a overview about using Embedded, the easier way is to refer

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx13_1/edk_ctt.pdf

--HS

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

If you would want to get a overview about using Embedded, the easier way is to refer

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx13_1/edk_ctt.pdf

--HS

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks, It was exactly what I needed.

At the first glance I was not so sure about it, but after I started to read it and take the "Test Drive" I realized it was exactly what I was searching for.

Regards,

Paul

0 Kudos