UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

SDK: Unique post-build steps for C Project referencing multiple BSPs/HW Platforms

Jump to solution

I have source code that is used on a dev kit and a custom board. To avoid two instances of the C Project with each referencing its unique BSP I have one. When I want to build for a specific HW platform I simply Change Referenced BSP.

The problem is that I have unique post-build scripts (right-click C Project > C/C++ Build Settings > Builds Steps tab > Post-build steps) for each platform.

Q: Is there a way to pass a parameter (like a variable) to my script that identifies the currently select BSP and/or HW Platform?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Participant yaswant
Participant

Re: SDK: Unique post-build steps for C Project referencing multiple BSPs/HW Platforms

Jump to solution

SDK/eclipse stores the dependent projects information in a file called “.project”, which exists in the project directory. Dependent project information can be seen under the <projects> tag of .project file as shown below.

<projects>

<project>hello_bsp</project>

</projects>

In your script, write a small piece of code to parse .project file and get the dependent project information.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Yaswanth

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Participant yaswant
Participant

Re: SDK: Unique post-build steps for C Project referencing multiple BSPs/HW Platforms

Jump to solution

SDK/eclipse stores the dependent projects information in a file called “.project”, which exists in the project directory. Dependent project information can be seen under the <projects> tag of .project file as shown below.

<projects>

<project>hello_bsp</project>

</projects>

In your script, write a small piece of code to parse .project file and get the dependent project information.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Yaswanth

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Great idea! Thanks.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution
Now if I could only do the same for the .ld file (Linker Script).
0 Kudos