UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

SDK,VIVADO 2018.3 Using port Vivado in SDK.

Hi everyone,

please help about my problem,

How to I can use that ports in SDK?
I must to create a function or using Library availble in SDK?
Thank you very much,

tuan,

33333333333.PNG
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Visitor egatard
Visitor

Re: SDK,VIVADO 2018.3 Using port Vivado in SDK.

Hello,

You don't have to connect each port individually.

Here, M_AXI_DP and S00_AXI are buses, connected together. When you expend the bus (by clicking the + next to the name), you see each individual signals of that bus. They are connected automatically by Vivado, they simply are not represented on the schematics to keep it clean.

Adventurer
Adventurer

Thank your answer,

i don't understand your answer a clearly way,
Your mean,i must to connect that ports together?. 
And I mean,i want to send a signal to Block Hispeed,but when i connected all,i want to using SDK for M_AXI_AWDDR .v.v.v.But i don't know how to using that ports.Example:I want to know how to send data to GPIO by M_AXI_AWDDR,M_AXI_AVAILD,...........
please answer me.

Have a good day,

tuan

Capture444444444444.PNG
0 Kudos
Visitor egatard
Visitor

To understant how to connect peripherals like GPIO to the Microblaze, you should start with a Vivado example project

Sans titre.png

In the example projects, everything is already connected the right way.

You should also use a example project in SDK to understand how to program the Microblaze

Here is a simple tutorial on how to do that:

http://fileadmin.cs.lth.se/cs/Education/EDAN15/labs/lab1/vivado_tutorial.pdf

The design flow is also explained in this documentation:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_3/ug898-vivado-embedded-design.pdf

Adventurer
Adventurer

Thank your answer,

Maybe your wrong,I had connected everything,i think it's right from VIVADO to SDK.I am know that port and mission of that ports.But i don't know a use way in SDK.
EXAMPLE:a Block have 2 two block-small:Master(Interconec_MASTER) and Slave(Interconec_SLAVE) and a Block Interconec_SLAVE_MATER.
In BlockMicroblaze had two the same block,i want to Code C on SDK(using that ports by code C instead of code Verilog in Vivado.)
thank you,

tuan, 

0 Kudos
Visitor egatard
Visitor

The axi_interconnect is used to connect up to 16 peripherals to a master.

Here the Microblaze is the master, and you have 3 slaves: axi_gpio_0, axi_gpio_1 and axi_uart_lite_0.

The slaves are seen by the microblaze as memory mapped peripherals, which means you write and read to a specific address in the microblaze memory to exchange data with the slave. These addresses are defined in the Address Editor in Vivado. The axi_interconnect is transparent from the Microblaze point of view, you don't have anything particular to do in C about it, you directly discuss with the slave.

In the SDK, after you have created an application project, you can open a example in the overview of the Board Support Package of how to use the driver of your peripherals.

https://www.xilinx.com/html_docs/xilinx2018_2/SDK_Doc/SDK_tasks/sdk_t_view_bsp.html

With Xilinx IP like AXI_GPIO you have a driver that allows you to use the peripheral with high level functions.

Adventurer
Adventurer

Thank your answer,

Your mean,I can get that ports a direct way from Vivado(Ex:M_AXI_ADDR,...) to use for SDK.Is that right?
And I mean,i want to code that ports(Vivado) in SDK.In SDK i want to use that ports.

thank you,

tuan

0 Kudos
Visitor egatard
Visitor

Hello,

In the SDK, you will not see the ports, you will see the addresses of slaves connected to that port.

You do not have to select a port or anything like that, you just have to read/write to the addresses of the slaves. It will directly read/writes the registers of the slaves.

Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi,

Thank you answer,

I think you right,can you give me website and i can read it.I think a example would be better.

Do you have account Skype?,I am working,i can communicate a better way.

thank you very much,

tuan,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor egatard
Visitor

Xilinx documentation is always well made, it should be your primary source of information:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation-navigation/design-hubs/dh0020-microblaze-hub.html

If you search on the internet for "Xilinx Microblaze getting started" you will find many examples like this:

https://reference.digilentinc.com/vivado/getting-started-with-ipi/start

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi,

Thank you very much for your help,

I will check it and if you have a better way ,give me.

Thank you,

tuan,

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi,

And I want to use the address of Block IP(Vivado ) to READ/WRITE(to Register),how to set in SDK and the library are support for 

this register ??

thank you very much,

tuan, 

0 Kudos