cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mloutris
Visitor
Visitor

SDK Vivado information message "required from here" What is the issue?

I have a C++ application built using the SDK with Vivado 2018.2 and I have a template function with two parameters and two types being passed in as arguments. However, I'm using structs instead of classes, so I'm not sure if that's an issue. 
The problem is in a separate source file that includes the header with the function definitions, and at the call, the Xilinx environment is listing a informational message apparently regarding the two parameters, stating "required from here".
The data types are specified correctly and the parameters are of the corresponding type, so I have no idea what the informational message is getting at. 

Any help is appreciated!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
xilinxacct
Instructor
Instructor

@mloutris

This is a bit hard to visualize... Can you provide the full message in context, and maybe some source code.

0 Kudos
mloutris
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for checking in, but I'll need to change the code per company policy and I'll post tomorrow. 
As long as someone can take a look sometime next week I am fine as it's not an error or even a warning. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
mloutris
Visitor
Visitor

BTW, "required from here" *is* the full message! ;-)

0 Kudos
xilinxacct
Instructor
Instructor

@mloutris

And that message comes from compiler, synthesis, implementation, ...? (e.g. what is happening when the message comes out?)

What is the message before it and after it?

0 Kudos
mloutris
Visitor
Visitor

I'm compiling the SDK, so I *believe* that it is the C++ compiler. 
After compiling, there is a blue 'i' icon on the far left, next to the line number in the C++ source file.
If I hover above the line or the icon, "required from here" is displayed.

I'm in the middle of several changes and I'll need time to convert the code into a 'vanilla' format that does not convey the details of my project, so I'll need to get the context to you later. 

0 Kudos