Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

SDK add lightweight XML library

Hello,

I'm working on a project which needs some features as TCP/IP protocol and deliver information as xml files to the target server.

I created a client socket with lwIP SOCKET API successfully the issue now is that I need to parse the information to be sent as xml, I found the following library (lightweight and compatible with gcc) http://www.minixml.org.

The problem arises when I add the library libmxml.a in the application:

right click on c app name--> C/C++ Build Settings --> MicroBlaze gcc linker --> Libraries

on Libraries (-l) input I typed mxml "removing lib" and on Library search path(-L) ${LIBDIR} (directory absolute path)

I queried answer 31256 ww.xilinx.com/support/answers/31256.htm, and according to me I'm configuring the gcc command correctly. However when SDK tries to generate the .elf file I 'm getting the following error:

/microblaze-xilinx-elf/bin/ld: jumps /home/jorgekano/Descargas/mxml-2.7/libmxml.a Incompatible while searching -lmxml

cannot find -lmxml

make all 
Building target: sock_xml.elf
Invoking: MicroBlaze gcc linker
mb-gcc -L/home/jorgekano/Descargas/mxml-2.7 -L../../xilkernel_bsp_xmllib/microblaze_0/lib -mxl-barrel-shift -mxl-pattern-compare -mcpu=v8.20.a -mno-xl-soft-mul -o"sock_xml.elf"  ./src/main.o   -lmxml -lxilkernel -llwip4
/opt/Xilinx/13.3/ISE_DS/EDK/gnu/microblaze/lin/bin/../lib/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/4.1.2/../../../../microblaze-xilinx-elf/bin/ld: se salta el /home/jorgekano/Descargas/mxml-2.7/libmxml.a incompatible mientras se busca -lmxml
/opt/Xilinx/13.3/ISE_DS/EDK/gnu/microblaze/lin/bin/../lib/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/4.1.2/../../../../microblaze-xilinx-elf/bin/ld: cannot find -lmxml
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [sock_xml.elf] Error 1

Please, if somebody has any advice or idea how to figure this issue out would be very helpful

gcc_library_conf.png

I appreciate your help & support

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please any advice?

Anyone with C & gcc knowledge? Expert Contributor? or Xilinx employee?

I' ll really appreciate :(

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Did someone succeed???

After going through the README.md file and installing the library, I added the library files to the psu_r5_bsp project.

Also added the library to the gcc linker libraries

The mxml functions are recognized but still having errors with the make file...

Help please!!!

0 Kudos