06-16-2009 10:57 PM
we have few queries
1) While running SDK with xilkernel we are not able see any message in minicom (serial console) in linux, same setup we used for blue cat linux and able to see the messages.
In Hyperterminal (serial console in windows) SDK xilkernel and bluecat linux- version- 5.4.3 also able to see the messages.
Any settings needed?
2) While running DMA in polling mode is getting blocked, any idea how to resolve this issue.
3) Without SDK can we run s/w applications in EDK with xilkernel, we already tried with the procedure for building s/w application but no error and no elf file is created.
4) After running the programs the serial console control is blocking, not able to enter any thing
5) In SDK some times if we change the contents of the file, we are not able to build with the changes.
06-17-2009 08:40 PM
1/3. SDK or XPS can work with xilkernel. make sure you have set the correct compiler option to link the xilkernel library.
Of course, enabling xilkernel in software platform settings is a must.
2. Don't know.
4. Whether it's a program issue or a cable issue? For the Xilinx boards with both female and male RS232 ports, only male ports can receive data from PC my end (a.k.a that uses the cable with two female heads).
5. SDK build has two options : Auto Build and Manual Build.
Auto build begins when any file in your project changes.
Manual build and rebuild can be used only when auto build is disabled.
I usually disable auto build and run clean up manually and then do the manual build.
06-22-2009 01:59 AM
Regarding point2, please first check if the DMA IP has access to the memory device (is it on the same bus as the memory controller is?).
There have been a few discussionsin the form regarding using the DMA, it seems to be a common mistake that the DMA is not connected to the right bus.