UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor sdhunna
Visitor

SDK build errors related to profiling when project located outside eclipse workspace

Jump to solution

If I build a project, any project, even the free rtos hello world project in a directory outside the eclipse workspace I get build errors due to profiling.  I've checked other posts and confirmed that profiling is not enabled.

If however, I build the same project and it was created in the default location (i.e. inside the eclipse workspace), it builds fine.  I'm looking for a way to locate my project ouside the eclipse workspace directory because that's my preference.

I've attached logs for both situations for the exact same hello world example code.  SDK 2018.3

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SDK build errors related to profiling when project located outside eclipse workspace

Jump to solution

Hi @sdhunna,

It seems to be a bug in the SDK when creating a new application outside the workspace with a new BSP at the same time, that the SDK will create the BSP project folder "inside" the application project and thus the compilation issue you are facing

new.png

I'm reporting this internally from my side. But as a workaround, you should first create a BSP project, then create an application project and use the created BSP as an existing BSP instead of creating a new one.

existing.png

Best regards,
Abdallah
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as a solution
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SDK build errors related to profiling when project located outside eclipse workspace

Jump to solution

Hi @sdhunna,

It seems to be a bug in the SDK when creating a new application outside the workspace with a new BSP at the same time, that the SDK will create the BSP project folder "inside" the application project and thus the compilation issue you are facing

new.png

I'm reporting this internally from my side. But as a workaround, you should first create a BSP project, then create an application project and use the created BSP as an existing BSP instead of creating a new one.

existing.png

Best regards,
Abdallah
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as a solution
Visitor sdhunna
Visitor

Jump to solution

I can confirm the workaround works.  Thanks for the prompt respond and raising it internally.