UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer ayda1
Observer

SDK c function to HDL

Hi everybody,

I have a microblaze sdk project for Virtex-6. There is a time consuming function in my C code. Is there any way to implement this function via fpga resources? I mean, convert c  function to hdl to speeding up. There is a similar option in Altera Quartus for NIOS which is very easy to use. I do not need hdl code, I only concern for hardware implementation of c function, instead of software implementation.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Scholar austin
Scholar

Re: SDK c function to HDL

0 Kudos
Observer ayda1
Observer

Thanks for your respond. It was a big help. I think "Export RTL -> Pcore for EDK" is my answer. I am not sure yet. let me check it.

0 Kudos
Observer ayda1
Observer

I watched the video. They were really helpful. I could definitely use VIVADO HLS, but I need to add some new HDL codes to current pcore block. This is time consuming. Is there any way that I could use HDL for one of my function inside Microblaze and keep the C code for the rest of my code. For example, when one of my function takes time, I could use HDL for that function. I recall in old Quartus version (6) I do this by right click on the function name and choose appropriate option inside NIOS. After that I could not debug the function, but the function execution time improved significantly.

0 Kudos