UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor losm6547
Visitor

SDK can't find arm-xilinx-eabi-gcc

Jump to solution

I have installed ISE 14.6 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (64-bit). I have been able to generate my design and export it to SDK, but after I create a new standalone_bsp and hello_world project I get the following compliation error:

make all
Building file: ../src/helloworld.c
Invoking: ARM gcc compiler
arm-xilinx-eabi-gcc -Wall -O0 -g3 -c -fmessage-length=0 -I../../standalone_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/include -MMD -MP -MF"src/helloworld.d" -MT"src/helloworld.d" -o "src/helloworld.o" "../src/helloworld.c"
/bin/sh: 1: arm-xilinx-eabi-gcc: not found
make: *** [src/helloworld.o] Error 127

It seems that SDK can't find the arm gcc compiler. Probably a path related issue. This is how I start SDK:

#!/bin/sh
source /opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/settings64.sh
export LD_PRELOAD=/opt/Xilinx/usb-driver/libusb-driver.so
export XIL_IMPACT_USE_LIBUSB=1
sudo restart udev
xsdk

I also made sure the executable existed, which it did under:

/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/EDK/gnu/arm/lin/bin

I echoed my $XILINX variable and it points to /opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE . I also tried changing it to just /opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ with no success.

What am I doing wrong?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor losm6547
Visitor

Re: SDK can't find arm-xilinx-eabi-gcc

Jump to solution

Solved my problem. I didn't have the 32-bit support libraries installed. Simply install ia32-libs and try again (didn't even need to restart sdk).

5 Replies
Visitor losm6547
Visitor

Jump to solution

Solved my problem. I didn't have the 32-bit support libraries installed. Simply install ia32-libs and try again (didn't even need to restart sdk).

Visitor sheldonk
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks. With latest Ubuntu, ia32-libs has been replaced:

Use apt-get install lib32z1 lib32ncurses5

Scholar ronnywebers
Scholar

Jump to solution

@sheldonk, I have the same issue but on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-bit with Vivado 2015.4. Strange because Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS seems to be supported by Vivado 2015.4. I must admit I installed 14.04.5 LTS

Do I need to install some 64-bit library? 

** kudo if the answer was helpful. Accept as solution if your question is answered **
0 Kudos
Visitor sheldonk
Visitor

Jump to solution

I've been away from this for quite a while and haven't kept up with newer software. As I recall at the time Xilinx needed 32 bit libraries even on 64 bit systems. Also it was also a moving target, e.g. new releases sometimes needed different libraries. Sorry I can't be of more help.

0 Kudos
Scholar ronnywebers
Scholar

Jump to solution

thanks @sheldonk, just solved it - indeed I needed 32-bit compatibility libs.

I would have expected that the Vivado installer would fix this, but it doesn't seem to be the case. Or at least some hint in the installer manual (UG973) ... 

** kudo if the answer was helpful. Accept as solution if your question is answered **
0 Kudos