UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar ronnywebers
Scholar

SDK editor - can I edit 2 different source files side-by-side (split editor window)

Jump to solution

Using SDK 2018.2 

In SDK, clicking Window -> Editor -> Toggle split editor allows me to have 2 views on the same source file.

Is it possible to view/edit 2 different source files side-by-side using the split editor function? 

** kudo if the answer was helpful. Accept as solution if your question is answered **
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: SDK editor - can I edit 2 different source files side-by-side (split editor window)

Jump to solution

Hi @ronnywebers 

Yes, it is possible. You just need to drag the tab where you have the file to the editor and it would allow you to split the window either in vertical mode or horizontal mode. Afterwards you can keep the editor window splited with the whole perspective or maximize the window to have the whole GUI with the dual editor.

image.png

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
1 Reply

Re: SDK editor - can I edit 2 different source files side-by-side (split editor window)

Jump to solution

Hi @ronnywebers 

Yes, it is possible. You just need to drag the tab where you have the file to the editor and it would allow you to split the window either in vertical mode or horizontal mode. Afterwards you can keep the editor window splited with the whole perspective or maximize the window to have the whole GUI with the dual editor.

image.png

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.