Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oceanlogic
Visitor
Visitor

SDK menus missing in the GUI

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have Vivado 2019.1 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. I was trying to follow this tutorial on the Zedboard step by step. Here, at 10:43, I noticed that the SDK GUI on my machine is missing a whole lot of menus. Specifically, the whole line with File, Edit, Source, etc. is competely missing. I can't find a way to turn it on.

I did source settings64.sh before running Vivado. I have attached a snapshot:

SDK.png

Any clues ?

I was hoping that these missing menus would contain a way to configure SDK to configure/debug the board through SSH and Ethernet. Is it at all possible ? If so, how ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
oceanlogic
Visitor
Visitor

I tried with Vivado 2018.3 on an Opensuse laptop and the menus were there, albeit not as many as in the video above.

Specifically, SDK in the video, compared to Opensuse, had the following extra items :

Source, Refactor .

Not sure whether they are essential or not.

So, it sounds like I'll have to install Opensuse instead (which I like much better anyway).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
oceanlogic
Visitor
Visitor

I have now tried with Vivado 2018.3 and it's exactly the same.

0 Kudos
oceanlogic
Visitor
Visitor

I tried with Vivado 2018.3 on an Opensuse laptop and the menus were there, albeit not as many as in the video above.

Specifically, SDK in the video, compared to Opensuse, had the following extra items :

Source, Refactor .

Not sure whether they are essential or not.

So, it sounds like I'll have to install Opensuse instead (which I like much better anyway).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos