UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar beandigital
Scholar

SDK undefined reference

Jump to solution

I am using Vivado 2017.3 with SDK. In SDK I enable the flash memory library. When I compile the program it complains of undefined reference for all the flash library functions even though the bsp has all the files. I have added the header file in my main, so I cant understand why there is a problem. Can someone explain what the issue is?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: SDK undefined reference

Jump to solution

The compiler options dont seem to have this set:

--start-group,-lxil,-lgcc,-lc,--end-group

Can you right click on your app in SDK, and select C/C++ build settings. Then under Microblaze gcc linker -> Inferred options -> Software Platform, can you edit this, and add your library here.

For example

linker.PNG

11 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @beandigital

It might be that in the project settings of your application project the library has not been included in the linker options. If not wrong that should be automatically done when enabling the library in BSP but you might want to check it.

In the other hand can you post the console output of the compilation? The error message and the compilation command prints are quite usefull to understand what's going wrong when you have a compilation error ;)

Kind Regards,

Ibai

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Scholar beandigital
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi

This is what I get. Sometimes if I just disable then enable the flash library it works, other times it doesnt. Which settings should I be checking? Also I am now using 2017.4 and the problem still exists.

12:46:24 **** Auto Build of configuration Debug for project flash_mem ****
make all
'Building file: ../src/flash.c'
'Invoking: MicroBlaze gcc compiler'
mb-gcc -Wall -O0 -g3 -c -fmessage-length=0 -MT"src/flash.o" -I../../flash_mem_bsp/microblaze_0/include -mlittle-endian -mcpu=v10.0 -mxl-soft-mul -Wl,--no-relax -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -MMD -MP -MF"src/flash.d" -MT"src/flash.o" -o "src/flash.o" "../src/flash.c"
'Finished building: ../src/flash.c'
' '
'Building target: flash_mem.elf'
'Invoking: MicroBlaze gcc linker'
mb-gcc -Wl,-T -Wl,../src/lscript.ld -L../../flash_mem_bsp/microblaze_0/lib -mlittle-endian -mcpu=v10.0 -mxl-soft-mul -Wl,--no-relax -Wl,--gc-sections -o "flash_mem.elf" ./src/flash.o -Wl,--start-group,-lxil,-lgcc,-lc,--end-group
./src/flash.o: In function `main':
D:\Work\Vivado\g400_001\g400_001.sdk\flash_mem\Debug/../src/flash.c:86: undefined reference to `XIsf_Initialize'
D:\Work\Vivado\g400_001\g400_001.sdk\flash_mem\Debug/../src/flash.c:98: undefined reference to `XIsf_WriteEnable'
D:\Work\Vivado\g400_001\g400_001.sdk\flash_mem\Debug/../src/flash.c:101: undefined reference to `XIsf_Erase'
D:\Work\Vivado\g400_001\g400_001.sdk\flash_mem\Debug/../src/flash.c:122: undefined reference to `XIsf_WriteEnable'
D:\Work\Vivado\g400_001\g400_001.sdk\flash_mem\Debug/../src/flash.c:125: undefined reference to `XIsf_Write'
D:\Work\Vivado\g400_001\g400_001.sdk\flash_mem\Debug/../src/flash.c:145: undefined reference to `XIsf_WriteEnable'
D:\Work\Vivado\g400_001\g400_001.sdk\flash_mem\Debug/../src/flash.c:148: undefined reference to `XIsf_Read'
./src/flash.o: In function `IsfWaitForFlashNotBusy':
D:\Work\Vivado\g400_001\g400_001.sdk\flash_mem\Debug/../src/flash.c:186: undefined reference to `XIsf_GetStatus'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [flash_mem.elf] Error 1

12:46:30 Build Finished (took 6s.483ms)

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The compiler options dont seem to have this set:

--start-group,-lxil,-lgcc,-lc,--end-group

Can you right click on your app in SDK, and select C/C++ build settings. Then under Microblaze gcc linker -> Inferred options -> Software Platform, can you edit this, and add your library here.

For example

linker.PNG

Scholar beandigital
Scholar

Jump to solution

Yes that seems to have worked, thanks.

0 Kudos
Observer a@1
Observer

Jump to solution

Though I have added those things, in my build f_mount,f_close are still showing undefined reference.Please help me .

Untitled.png
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi @stephenm,

After I added the required library (PmodDA3.h), I got another error.

Here is  a part of the consol output:

'Building target: FH_TX_2.elf'
'Invoking: MicroBlaze gcc linker'
mb-gcc -L"D:\Users\dell\Vivado_projects\FHSS_Transmitter_2\FHSS_Transmitter_2.sdk\FH_TX_2_bsp\microblaze_0\libsrc" -Wl,-T -Wl,../src/lscript.ld -L"D:\Users\dell\Vivado_projects\FHSS_Transmitter_2\FHSS_Transmitter_2.sdk\FH_TX_2_bsp\microblaze_0\lib" -mlittle-endian -mcpu=v10.0 -mxl-soft-mul -Wl,--no-relax -Wl,--gc-sections -o "FH_TX_2.elf" ./src/testperiph.o ./src/xiomodule_selftest_example.o -Wl,--start-group,-lxil,-lgcc,-lc,--end-group -Wl,--start-group,PmodDA3.h,-lxil,-lgcc,-lc,--end-group
d:/xilinx/sdk/2018.2/gnu/microblaze/nt/bin/../lib/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/7.2.0/../../../../microblaze-xilinx-elf/bin/ld.exe: cannot find PmodDA3.h: No such file or directory
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [FH_TX_2.elf] Error 1

00:11:55 Build Finished (took 829ms)

Looking forward your Help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Visitor abdelsalam
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi, I tried to do the same as u mintioned above. I can't actually edit these setting I don't know why. My error message is as shown . Thanks a lot 

*** Build of configuration Debug for project w3_example ****

make all
Building file: ../src/w3_example.c
Invoking: MicroBlaze gcc compiler
mb-gcc -Wall -O0 -g3 -I../../w3_TemplateProject_OnBoardPeriphs_v1p3_bsp/microblaze_0/include -c -fmessage-length=0 -mxl-barrel-shift -mxl-pattern-compare -mno-xl-soft-div -mcpu=v8.20.b -mno-xl-soft-mul -MMD -MP -MF"src/w3_example.d" -MT"src/w3_example.d" -o"src/w3_example.o" "../src/w3_example.c"
Finished building: ../src/w3_example.c

Building target: w3_example.elf
Invoking: MicroBlaze gcc linker
mb-gcc -Wl,-T -Wl,../src/lscript.ld -L../../w3_TemplateProject_OnBoardPeriphs_v1p3_bsp/microblaze_0/lib -mxl-barrel-shift -mxl-pattern-compare -mno-xl-soft-div -mcpu=v8.20.b -mno-xl-soft-mul -o"w3_example.elf" ./src/w3_example.o -Wl,--start-group,-lxil,-lgcc,-lc,--end-group
./src/w3_example.o: In function `main':
/home/abdelsalam/Desktop/Abdelsalam_research/Project_1/w3_TemplateProject_OnBoardPeriphs_v1p3/SDK_workspace/w3_example/Debug/../src/w3_example.c:44: undefined reference to `w3_eeprom_readSerialNum'
./src/w3_example.o: In function `userio_example':
makefile:39: recipe for target 'w3_example.elf' failed
/home/abdelsalam/Desktop/Abdelsalam_research/Project_1/w3_TemplateProject_OnBoardPeriphs_v1p3/SDK_workspace/w3_example/Debug/../src/w3_example.c:71: undefined reference to `microblaze_enable_exceptions'
./src/w3_example.o: In function `w3_node_init':
/home/abdelsalam/Desktop/Abdelsalam_research/Project_1/w3_TemplateProject_OnBoardPeriphs_v1p3/SDK_workspace/w3_example/Debug/../src/w3_example.c:76: undefined reference to `clk_init'
/home/abdelsalam/Desktop/Abdelsalam_research/Project_1/w3_TemplateProject_OnBoardPeriphs_v1p3/SDK_workspace/w3_example/Debug/../src/w3_example.c:84: undefined reference to `ad_init'
/home/abdelsalam/Desktop/Abdelsalam_research/Project_1/w3_TemplateProject_OnBoardPeriphs_v1p3/SDK_workspace/w3_example/Debug/../src/w3_example.c:91: undefined reference to `radio_controller_init'
/home/abdelsalam/Desktop/Abdelsalam_research/Project_1/w3_TemplateProject_OnBoardPeriphs_v1p3/SDK_workspace/w3_example/Debug/../src/w3_example.c:97: undefined reference to `iic_eeprom_init'
/home/abdelsalam/Desktop/Abdelsalam_research/Project_1/w3_TemplateProject_OnBoardPeriphs_v1p3/SDK_workspace/w3_example/Debug/../src/w3_example.c:103: undefined reference to `XTmrCtr_Initialize'
/home/abdelsalam/Desktop/Abdelsalam_research/Project_1/w3_TemplateProject_OnBoardPeriphs_v1p3/SDK_workspace/w3_example/Debug/../src/w3_example.c:110: undefined reference to `XTmrCtr_SetOptions'
/home/abdelsalam/Desktop/Abdelsalam_research/Project_1/w3_TemplateProject_OnBoardPeriphs_v1p3/SDK_workspace/w3_example/Debug/../src/w3_example.c:120: undefined reference to `XTmrCtr_SetResetValue'
./src/w3_example.o: In function `usleep':
/home/abdelsalam/Desktop/Abdelsalam_research/Project_1/w3_TemplateProject_OnBoardPeriphs_v1p3/SDK_workspace/w3_example/Debug/../src/w3_example.c:123: undefined reference to `XTmrCtr_Start'
/home/abdelsalam/Desktop/Abdelsalam_research/Project_1/w3_TemplateProject_OnBoardPeriphs_v1p3/SDK_workspace/w3_example/Debug/../src/w3_example.c:125: undefined reference to `XTmrCtr_IsExpired'
/home/abdelsalam/Desktop/Abdelsalam_research/Project_1/w3_TemplateProject_OnBoardPeriphs_v1p3/SDK_workspace/w3_example/Debug/../src/w3_example.c:130: undefined reference to `XTmrCtr_Reset'
/opt/Xilinx/13.4/ISE_DS/EDK/gnu/microblaze/lin64/bin/../lib/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/4.1.2/../../../../microblaze-xilinx-elf/lib/bs/m/libxil.a(xil_printf.o): In function `padding':
/proj/epdsw/gnu/mb_gnu/src/gcc/libgloss/microblaze/xil_printf.c:50: undefined reference to `outbyte'
/opt/Xilinx/13.4/ISE_DS/EDK/gnu/microblaze/lin64/bin/../lib/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/4.1.2/../../../../microblaze-xilinx-elf/lib/bs/m/libxil.a(xil_printf.o): In function `outnum':
/proj/epdsw/gnu/mb_gnu/src/gcc/libgloss/microblaze/xil_printf.c:111: undefined reference to `outbyte'
/opt/Xilinx/13.4/ISE_DS/EDK/gnu/microblaze/lin64/bin/../lib/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/4.1.2/../../../../microblaze-xilinx-elf/lib/bs/m/libxil.a(xil_printf.o): In function `xil_printf':
/proj/epdsw/gnu/mb_gnu/src/gcc/libgloss/microblaze/xil_printf.c:163: undefined reference to `outbyte'
/proj/epdsw/gnu/mb_gnu/src/gcc/libgloss/microblaze/xil_printf.c:260: undefined reference to `outbyte'
/proj/epdsw/gnu/mb_gnu/src/gcc/libgloss/microblaze/xil_printf.c:233: undefined reference to `outbyte'
/opt/Xilinx/13.4/ISE_DS/EDK/gnu/microblaze/lin64/bin/../lib/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/4.1.2/../../../../microblaze-xilinx-elf/lib/bs/m/libxil.a(xil_printf.o):/proj/epdsw/gnu/mb_gnu/src/gcc/libgloss/microblaze/xil_printf.c:229: more undefined references to `outbyte' follow
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [w3_example.elf] Error 1

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi @abdelsalam ,

Could you plz, post a screen shot for the "Problems" tab . It may be help ma to indicate your error.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Visitor abdelsalam
Visitor

Jump to solution

@ahmed_alfadhelThanks a lot for your replay.

In the follwing, pictures from the error message. And another one for the seeting which I can't edit

Thanks a lot in advance.

Screenshot from 2019-06-25 03-31-43.png
Screenshot from 2019-06-25 03-32-42.png
Screenshot from 2019-06-25 03-32-47.png
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Welcome @abdelsalam ,

I meant , the "Porblems" tab :Capture.JPG

I want screenshot for it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor abdelsalam
Visitor

Jump to solution

@ahmed_alfadhel  Hello.

finally I manged to solve the problem I was facing.

My actual error was this one "/bin/bash: gmake: command not found" and because I'm using upuntu I needed to run this line in my command window first,
"sudo ln -s /usr/bin/make /usr/bin/gmake"

And that solve the problem

Thank You for your help I appriciated.