UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

SDK won't build in WIN7 (errors out)

Accepted Solution Solved
Voyager
Accepted Solution

SDK won't build in WIN7 (errors out)

I've been having issues with getting microblaze up and running on my custom board.  All I did was say I have one LED (trying to make it easy to start) and did the peripheral test project to test that out.  When it goes to make I get

**** Build of configuration Debug for project peripheral_tests_0 ****

make all 
Building file: ../src/testperiph.c
Invoking: MicroBlaze gcc compiler
make: Interrupt/Exception caught (code = 0xc00000fd, addr = 0x4227d3)

Googling around and searching through the forums, I can see other people having similar issues, and some of them have solved them, but I cannot get past it.  It doesn't look like I have spaces or parenthesis in my path to the project.  I tried mucking with the PATH variable to try to point to mb-gcc, but that didn't help.  I unfortunatly can't seem to get more debug output than what is shown above.

Does anyone else have any other ideas?  I am using 13.4 in windows 7.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee

Re: SDK won't build in WIN7 (errors out)

Hi,

I discovered taht the problem in the Path variable was this C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\bin;

Removing this value from the Path now SDK works fine. I'm not sure, but I think this is due to some similar libraries presents in both installation SDK and Git.

Regards

Antonello

View solution in original post

All Replies
Voyager

I tried following the tutorial in UG683 and am still having the same issues.  It seems like it is having an issue with an include since in a different log file I can see this:

make -k all 
libgen -hw ../hw_platform_0/system.xml\
	       \
	       -pe microblaze_0 \
	       -log libgen.log \
	       system.mss
libgen
Xilinx EDK 13.4 Build EDK_O.87xd
Copyright (c) 1995-2011 Xilinx, Inc.  All rights reserved.

Command Line: libgen -hw ../hw_platform_0/system.xml -pe microblaze_0 -log
libgen.log system.mss 

Staging source files.
Running DRCs.
Running generate.
Running post_generate.
Running include - 'make -s include "COMPILER=mb-gcc" "ARCHIVER=mb-ar"
"COMPILER_FLAGS=-mlittle-endian -mno-xl-soft-mul -mxl-barrel-shift
-mxl-pattern-compare -mcpu=v8.20.b  -O2 -c" "EXTRA_COMPILER_FLAGS=-g"'.
ERROR:EDK:368 -  make failed for target "include" 
ERROR:EDK:3418 - Error(s) while running make.
make: *** [microblaze_0/lib/libxil.a] Error 2
make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.

But I still can't make much heads/tails out of it.

Xilinx Employee

Hi,

same issue for me. Seems due to a problem with the PATH variable. I used this solution http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/43293.htm and it worked fine for me.

Regards

Antonello

Highlighted
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

I discovered taht the problem in the Path variable was this C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\bin;

Removing this value from the Path now SDK works fine. I'm not sure, but I think this is due to some similar libraries presents in both installation SDK and Git.

Regards

Antonello

Voyager

Antonello,

That appears to be it, you are a genius (I am embarrassed to admit how many hours I spent working on this)!  I had the same Git\bin in my path and as soon as I took it out and rebooted the machine, it seemed happy.  I would have thought that windows would have grabbed from the beginning of the path list first, but I guess not.

Is there some sort of workaround that you know of, because I have to use Git for this project, so it seems like I am probably going to have to add/remove from the path every time I want to compile or do anything with Git.  I wonder if there is a way to have the SDK kick off a custom path for its instantiation...

Xilinx Employee

Hi,

at the end I discovered that the cause of the issue is the file called sh.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\bin. Removing only this file and not the path, the bsp compilation works fine.

Regards

Antonello

Voyager

Hmmm, I sort of had to take the opposite approach.  I removed the directory from my path (leaving sh.exe alone) and SDK works fine and Git appears to as well.  But if I do the opposite (rename sh.exe and leave the path in place), Git complains that it can't find sh.exe.

Not sure why the first works, but I guess I will have to go down that path in order to have Xilinx and Git play nice in Win7.

Observer

It was the same path & problem for me too. Thanks Anteonello! You saved me a great deal of time and frustration!

I know this is an older thread, but what path variable are you guys talking about? a windows enviromental variable??

I am having the same issue but I am a little embaresed to admit i dont know what path variable everyone is refering too..

If anyone can help me out I would apprciate it.

Thanks

Voyager

Right, there was a windows environment variable pointing to that directory.  Once I got rid of that directory (leaving all the other directories alone), it seemed to work then.