UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor josele_mg
Visitor

SDx 2016.3 Missing Program FPGA xilinx tools

Jump to solution

I everyone!.

I am new in the forum, so please excuse me for my lack of knowledge and just let me know it I am missing  any information related with the question.

I have a ZYBO z7-10 developing board and I have been following the getting started tutorial from Digilent website. However, I got stuck in the step "Programing and Runing the Desing" (8.1) using the SDx IDE 2016.4.

I don't have any Program FPGA option in the Xilinx Tools menu as the tutorial shows. In fact, the only option that offers me Xilinx Tools is to launch a windows shell.

Could it be that I am not using the correct software or that I've skipped something in the installation? Does anyone knows how to fix it, or an alternative way to flash the bitstream?

I have attached a screenshot of my SDx .

Thanks in advance !

sdx_question.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SDx 2016.3 Missing Program FPGA xilinx tools

Jump to solution

Hi @josele_mg,

As per screenshot you provided, you are using 2016.4 SDx tool. This Program FPGA option is not developed in SDx in old release of SDx.

You can use 2016.4 SDK product to debug and run the applications (or) Use the latest 2018.2 SDx product to see this Program FPGA option under Xilinx tools.

Thanks & Regards,

Praveen Kumar. V

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Not sure why this is missing.

You can use the XSCT console though to program the FPGA (type xsct from the launch shell)

• connect
    • or if connecting to a remote hw_server
    • connect -url TCP:<ip address>:<port>
  • fpga -f path/to/bitstream/file.bit

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @josele_mg,

As per screenshot you provided, you are using 2016.4 SDx tool. This Program FPGA option is not developed in SDx in old release of SDx.

You can use 2016.4 SDK product to debug and run the applications (or) Use the latest 2018.2 SDx product to see this Program FPGA option under Xilinx tools.

Thanks & Regards,

Praveen Kumar. V

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor josele_mg
Visitor

Jump to solution
Thank you, that also worked :)
0 Kudos