UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

SP605 vs. ML501 bitstream download

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I used a Virtex 5 board (ML501) up to now, and to download a bitstream on it, it was enough to click the edk button "download bitstream".

Now with the Spartan6 SP605, the only way which works is to connect by XMD, then use the "dow" command and the bitstream ".elf", then the "con" command.

Why?

I don't see why I should use the debugger anytime I want to download a bitstream...

I looked for all the documentation, but there are mainly documents on how to use the designs which are already loaded with the kit, rather then help the user to implement his own.

Thanks,

Michele

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: SP605 vs. ML501 bitstream download

Jump to solution

Hi, found out why:

I have in this case a larger application software, which has to be loaded to DDR3, and this happens with the MDM core, through JTAG and XMD, but has nothing to do with the bitstream. Before, my application happened to stay in the internal block RAM, so the code was embedded in the bistream.

Michele

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: SP605 vs. ML501 bitstream download

Jump to solution

Hi, found out why:

I have in this case a larger application software, which has to be loaded to DDR3, and this happens with the MDM core, through JTAG and XMD, but has nothing to do with the bitstream. Before, my application happened to stay in the internal block RAM, so the code was embedded in the bistream.

Michele

View solution in original post

0 Kudos