Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

SREC bootloader address

Hi,

I am trying to merge a configuration bitstream with a binary Microblaze application code and burn the merged code in a external flash (SPI). Configuring BRAM with a small boatloader which copies the Microblaze application from flash into the external DDR_SDRAM and then jumps there to execute the Microblaze application. 

In doing so,

1)I have programmed flash using .mcs which was generated through download.bit file(my project.bit+bootloader.elf)

2)also programmed flash using application.elf with execution vector set to ddr( have kept suitable offset so as to avoid overlapping)

Now,while writing the srec bootloader application, it asks me to configure FLASH_IMAGE_BASEADDR in blconfig.h file.

"PLEASE MODIFY THE DEFINE FLASH_IMAGE_BASEADDR IN BLCONFIG.H HEADER FILE TO POINT TO THE MEMORY LOCATION FROM WHICH THE BOOTLOADER HAS TO PICK UP THE FLASH IMAGE FROM."

My question is whether FLASH_IMAGE_BASEADDR is the flash base address as obtained through EDK or flash base address+offset as I have specified in step 2) above where I have stored my application?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SREC bootloader address

hi,

refer to the AR. http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/47909.html

this talks about the programming flash for KC705.

--hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Will you please explain step 18? ( its purpose and what does it mean by ...

you will need to point "hello_world_0.elf.srec" to wherever your srec is saved (generally under hw_platform_0/cache)

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

This means you need to give/type complete path directory of hello_world_0.elf.srec where it is located.

Regards

Praveen

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anonymous
Not applicable

should the address specified in step 34 be same as that of offset specified is step 15??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

In blconfig.h you should specify only the offset, for example

Flash baseaddress: 0x60000000

Offset where the application will be written :  0xD00000

in blconfig.h   use the 0xD00000 address

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi,mrbietola
I'm confused abuot the "Flash baseaddress: 0x60000000",it's said it can be found in the Vivado project (check the address editor).But i can't find any base address like the DDR3 which has the 0x80000000 base address.How can i get the flash base address?My platform is KC705.

Thanks!
Makon
0 Kudos