Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jprice
Scholar
Scholar

Simulation Microblaze w/ISE 14.7

Jump to solution

I'm attempting to perform a behavioral simulation of a Microblaze with my compiled SDK code. The problem I am running into is that all instructions I've found so far reference a Simulation menu in XPS (including the help information in XPS) that doesn't seem to exist. There is also a step where one is supposed to specify a path to recompiled libraries in the application preferences. That field does not exist in my application preferences. I'm sure I'm missing something, hopefully something can point me in the right direction.

Note that I am using ISE 14.7. 

Steps from the XPS Help:

1. Open your project.
2. Create or modify your Microprocessor Hardware Specification (MHS) file in XPS.
3. Select Edit > Preferences.
4. In the Application Preferences window, specify the path to the Xilinx® and EDK precompiled libraries in the Simulation Libraries Path box.
5. Click OK to close the Preferences dialog box.
6. Select Project > Project Options and click the Design Flow tab.
* Select the Hardware Description Language (HDL) output format: VHDL or Verilog.
* Select a simulator from the Simulator Compile Script option list: ModelSim, Incisive Enterprise Simulator (IES), or ISim.
* To have XPS generate a test bench template, select the Generate test bench template check box.
* Select the Simulation Model: Behavioral, Structural, or Timing.
* Click OK to save your settings.
7. To generate the simulation model, select Simulation > Generate Simulation HDL Files.
8. When the process finishes, Hardware Description Language (HDL) models are saved in the simulation directory.
9. To open the simulator application, select Simulation > Launch HDL Simulator.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jprice
Scholar
Scholar

The problem is launching XPS through ISE. If one starts a project from XPS than all the options for simulation are there as one would expect.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jprice
Scholar
Scholar

The problem is launching XPS through ISE. If one starts a project from XPS than all the options for simulation are there as one would expect.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos