cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

Solved: How to edit the libraries? (XPS 10.1)

Jump to solution
Hi all!

I've got a custom board with an Virtex4FX60 and some external ZBT RAM. At the moment, I'm trying to connect the ZBT RAM to the FPGA (using the xps_mch_emc core)
The included memtest (TestApp_Memory.c) says that the Fixed Pattern test works fine, but all other tests go wrong. I tried different patterns for the fixed patterns test - and everything's good.
For example, the Inverse Address Test writes 0xFFFFFFFF to address 0x00000000 - but reads 0xFFFFF003.
Well, that's only the introduction - if anyone has a good idea what goes wrong, let me know!

My real question is about the library which contains the memtest: how can I change that test? It's located in xutil_memtest.c. As soon, as I edit that file and re-generate the libraries, my edited file is deleted and replaced by the original version.
Not sure if my proceeding is correct or what I should do in an other way?!

Thank you for any help!
Oliver
Message Edited by oschuppe on 15.06.09 12:53 AM
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
xiaofeip
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Oliver,

Those two directory serve the same purpose but managed by different tools. The one in XPS project directory is managed by XPS, while the one in SDKdirectory is managed by SDK.

These folders are created by LibGen. The source file you mentioned is copied from the the EDK installation directory. Whenerver you rerun LibGen, those files will be deleted and re-copied. You might want to check out est_rm.pdf (%XILINX_EDK%\doc\usenglish), it explains how LibGen works and what the output files are.

-XF

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
xiaofeip
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Oliver,

The xutil_memtest.c is copied from EDK installation directory by LibGen. I won't recommend you modify it, but you can if you want.

Why don't you just make a local copy of your modified code and use it in your application project?

-XF

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor
Hello,

thank you for the answer!
Well, that's exactly what I did: I copied the code. I thought there might be a better / nicer solution than duplicating the code, but as long as it works now... (-;
Thank you again

Oliver

PS: one more question: can you tell me anything about the directories and the contained files (or point me to a document, I didn't find what I was looking for): in my project directory, there are ppc405_{0|1} dirs and a SDK_project dir which contains the ppc405_{0|1}_sw_platform directory. In that one, you find again a ppc405_0 dir, again with sources of the libraries.
So where's the difference between the ppc405_0 dir in the project directory and the one in the SDK_projects directory?
0 Kudos
xiaofeip
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Oliver,

Those two directory serve the same purpose but managed by different tools. The one in XPS project directory is managed by XPS, while the one in SDKdirectory is managed by SDK.

These folders are created by LibGen. The source file you mentioned is copied from the the EDK installation directory. Whenerver you rerun LibGen, those files will be deleted and re-copied. You might want to check out est_rm.pdf (%XILINX_EDK%\doc\usenglish), it explains how LibGen works and what the output files are.

-XF

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor
Great, thank you for your answer!
Oliver
0 Kudos