cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source file not found

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

During my code execution, if I pause the code, then I get this error:
Can't find a source file at "/proj/esdt_sdk/gnu_abe/ABE/builds/lin/arm/arm-linux/snapshots/newlib-newlib-2_4_0/newlib/libm/math/s_sin.c"

Each time, the ending .c file name is different - sqrt, sin,cos etc. 

I have gone through some other threads regarding this issue, but couldn't find a solution. 
1. Does the code still runs correctly if I don't pause the execution? (I am myself not sure, as I am getting glitches in my operating converter. It can be because of these math functions or due to something else)

2. Is this just a warning and can be ignored?

3. If not, what is the solution to this issue?

Best,

Pramod

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @leo_skadoosh23

As you can see the source files that the debugger is complaining about are part of the C library provided with the toolchain (newlib). The C library is provided as static library and not as source code so that's why when the debugger stops in any of the functions provided within the C library it will not be able to show the source code.

The application will keep running properly regardless of this issue.

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @leo_skadoosh23

As you can see the source files that the debugger is complaining about are part of the C library provided with the toolchain (newlib). The C library is provided as static library and not as source code so that's why when the debugger stops in any of the functions provided within the C library it will not be able to show the source code.

The application will keep running properly regardless of this issue.

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post