Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Spartan 3AN Starter Kit DDR2 Ram Problem

Hi,

I have Spartan 3AN Starter Kit and trying to access DDR2 Ram with microblaze on XPS.I use ISE 12.4.

With Base System Builder, I chose my kit at the wizard and added DDR2 Ram and a uart lite for prints. XPS created everything successfully, the constraints for DDR2 and pin locations. But xil test utility always fails.

I tried to access ram by simple pointer method, which my pointer points rams base address but i never read what i write. Interestingly, when i write 0xFFA5FFA5, it always reads one of these: 0xDFA5DFA5, FFDFFFDF.

I think it is supposed to work with default project initialization with XPS but something weird is going on.

Any ideas why I cannot access ram correctly ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Spartan 3AN Starter Kit DDR2 Ram Problem

are you running the full memory test for MPMC? I am assuming that you are attempting to run MPMC in your design, so this should all get set up automatically.

If you are attempting to run a memory test, make sure that the sw application is linked (via the linker script) to execute out of local bram memory.  The full memory test can be found in the edk installation folder - C:\Xilinx\12.4\ISE_DS\EDK\sw\XilinxProcessorIPLib\drivers\mpmc_v4_01_a\examples

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Spartan 3AN Starter Kit DDR2 Ram Problem

hello

include xio.h file..and use

void XIo_Out32 (XIo_Address OutAddress, Xuint32 Value) /* for write */

Xuint32 XIo_In32 (XIo_Address InAddress) /* for read */

check if it works...

regards

0 Kudos