UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor petal1
Visitor

Spartan 3E ethernet interface.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am working on  EDK 12.1 to implement the ethernet interface. I have used LwIP and an able to see the following message in SDK console:

-----lwIP TCP echo server ------
TCP packets sent to port 6001 will be echoed back
Board IP: 192.168.1.10
Netmask : 255.255.255.0
Gateway :  192.168.1.1
tcp echo server started @ port 7

Now when I try to ping my board it says "Request timed out".

I have come across a post of the similar kind and there is a link to an example but unfortunately it has been implemented using OPB which is obsolete and I am unable to open the example in EDK 12.1.can someone who has implemented the ethernet interface using PLB throw some light regarding the same.

For a 10Mbps transfer rate what should be the frequency of Microblaze processor and also for 100Mbps.

Please help..

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor petal1
Visitor

Re: Spartan 3E ethernet interface.

Jump to solution

Thank you for your prompt replies.I got the ethernet working.There was a minor issue with the ucf and finally it worked.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

What is your computers address set to?  I changed mine to 192.168.1.101 (higher) to get it to work. 

0 Kudos
Visitor petal1
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply.Currently my computer's address is 192.168.1.11 but then i tried setting my computer's address to 192.168.1.101.Still the problem persists,i am unable to ping.Could you please share the source files you have used in your application or if possible checkif there are any changes that needs to be made in the files (I obtained these from version 13.1 template)attached in this reply..Thank you once again.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

I assume you are using XAPP1026.  This was designed for the AN and not the 3E so are you sure you have a good harware build?  Are you using the current 13.1 version of SDK, there is a new updated version of xapp1026?

When you ping the board are you getting flashing lights on the RJ45 connector?  If not then there is a problem with the board and not the FPGA.

When you step through "main()" does it get to lwip_init();?

Also, it seems like I use to have problems with my firewall or virus protection.  So check those.

You also may need a cross over cable or use a switch.

Visitor petal1
Visitor

Jump to solution

I am using version 12.1 and i can see the flashing lights while pinging to my board.Could you please mention what a "good hardware build" means? I am quite new to the SDK platform. I have been working with XPS more than SDK.I have disabled my firewall. 

I want to know which file to use in the C project to communicate through ethernet.Can i use files provided in the EDK directory under lwip_v2_00_a\src\contrib\. Please suggest the files that I need to look up.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Avnet makes a Spartan 6 board for $89 and I think the updated XAPP1026 has the FPGA listed so the Ethernet should work without you having to much.

Are you using XAPP1026? 

The directory you listed is just for drivers so (for the most part).  You need files like echo.c, webserver.c etc that come with the 1026 app.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor petal1
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you for your prompt replies.I got the ethernet working.There was a minor issue with the ucf and finally it worked.

0 Kudos
Newbie mhtarique

Jump to solution

Hi,

That's great that your Ethernet is working. Could you be please send me your project at: mh_tariq@hotmail.com

I'm grateful.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos