UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Spartan 6 BRAM read delay

Hello,

I am working in Spartan 6 microblaze. In microblaze I have enabled cache for DDR memory access and the segments like .bss lies in the DDR memory. In SDK environment , I started a timer and read a single value from BRAM, got value from timer for eg cnt  and stopped timer . I am getting different values for cnt each time I run program. Why does this happen? The value has to be same since we should take same time period to read a single value from BRAM each time.

With Regards

Shalini

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Spartan 6 BRAM read delay

Moving this post to "Embedded Systems" forum board by expecting reply posts. 

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos

What is the difference? im not sure if this would be deterministic, the DDR access time may differ. Do you see the same behaviour with BRAM?

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hello,

Yes. I am seeing different time intervals to read from bram and even from microblaze GPIO port. Why does it happen so?

With regards

Shalini

0 Kudos