cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Specifying dependent driver version

Is there a way to define specific dependency versions of a driver in Xilinx SDK?

For instance, I have a custom version of video_common in my embeddedsw repository. I want to be able to pull in (and verify) my new version.  I can see the source get pulled in when I increment the driver version from, say, 4.6 to 4.7. I'm not able to specify a fixed version like "4.06.a" for the dependent driver.

A solution in either the .mss file or the .mld file would be great

0 Kudos
3 Replies

The tools will try to use the latest version of the driver. However, you should be able to do this in the board support package settings, under drivers. Select your IP, and you should see a dropdown box here with drivers. This effectually just updates the MSS file, and rebuilds the BSP.

You will need to add your driver to the repo. For example:

repo/my_drivers/driver_v_00

Xilinx -> Repositories, and slect New, and point to repo folder.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

I definitely see how I can change the driver version on things that I can directly select. The issue is when thre is a driver dependency. For instance, the hdmi_tx_ss requires hdmi_tx, vtc, and video_common. I can change the version of the hdmi_tx_ss in the BSP settings, but I can't change the versions of hdmi_tx, vtc, or video_common.

It seems like this type of configuration in the mdd should be possible, but it doesn't correcltly take effect:

MDD.PNG

I can select 5.03.a in the board support packages, but the hdmitx version of 2.04.a doesn't get applied to the BSP when it gets built.  Is there a way to specify this, or perhaps override it?

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Adding more info:

I didn't notice this at the time, but there is a warning that shows up in the XSCT console:

WARNING: [Hsi 55-2033] Core v_hdmitxss_v5_03_a depends on v_hdmitx_v2_04_a which is an old version. Latest version v_hdmitx_v2_3 exists and will be copied

Is there a way to override this?

0 Kudos