Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ralphrmartin
Observer
Observer

Split a large block design into multiple smaller ones

Jump to solution

I am doing a Pynq design, and the hardware side of it is just too large to comfortably fit into a single block design. Ideally, I'd like to refactor my block design into a top level design with blocks like processor, peripherals, etc, and then these in turn are implemented as further (sub)-block designs.

Is this possible at all? Is there an automatic refactoring tool to help me do this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
savula

Hi @ralphrmartin ,

one way you can use the create Hierarchy method. Please select the IPs in your BD design and then right click and select create Hierarchy and give a name. this will move the selected IPs into a single block and that single block only seen in main BD. if you doubble click on newly created Hierarchy then it will open the IPs in another page.

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
savula

Hi @ralphrmartin ,

one way you can use the create Hierarchy method. Please select the IPs in your BD design and then right click and select create Hierarchy and give a name. this will move the selected IPs into a single block and that single block only seen in main BD. if you doubble click on newly created Hierarchy then it will open the IPs in another page.

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ralphrmartin
Observer
Observer

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that.

0 Kudos