cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck at Xil_Out32 and Xil_In32 Vivado 2015.2 Centos7 ZYBO

Hi,

I have installed Vivado 2015.2 on Centos7. I have created a custom IP for multiplication. Data from slv_reg0 and slv_reg1 is multiplied and result is kept in slv_reg2. I have created an application to write data to slv_reg0 , slv_reg1 and read from slv_reg2. The application gets stuck at Xil_Out32 and Xil_In32 functions when i use mWriteReg and mReadReg functions for custom IP.

I have tested the same application on Vivado 2014.4 and 2015.1 on same machine. It has same problem with 2015.1 but works fine with 2014.4. The only difference in setup  b/w Vivado 2014.4 and Vivado 2015.x  is the board files from Digilent. They have different boardfiles for Vivado 2015.x and Vivado 2014.x. But apart from that everything in setup is the same.

I have searched online for similar cases, I have found similar problems but none of the solutions worked.

In the end its just reading from a address but I cant seem to get it work. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank You,

Ramu

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you use the functions directly, and not the ones delivery with the driver. 

For example:

#include "xil_io.h"

int main () {

Xil_Out32(0x<base address of IP>, 0x12345678);

Xil_In32(0x<base address of IP>);

return 0;

}

ALso, you mention that the board files changed? are the clk and reset pins correct?

if so, you could try simulating the project

0 Kudos

Yes I have tried to use functions Xil_Out32 directly as you said and also used the pointer directly to get the data still it gets stuck. 

The clock and reset pins are connected properly in 2015.2.

I have just created a Linux Device driver for the multiplication and it  correctly performs read and write data on the ip and get the result. I have used bit file created from Vivado 2015.2 to create BOOT.bin

0 Kudos
aaron_b1
Explorer
Explorer

I know this was years ago, but did you ever get an answer?  I am having a similar issue now, and would greatly appreciate hearing how it turned out.

0 Kudos
wbyjerry
Adventurer
Adventurer

I also have faced this issue now.
I checked the clock domain and reset domain, then I reconnect them. It worked.
0 Kudos