Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Suddenly can no longer program ZC702 development board QSPI from Xilinx SDK

Jump to solution

So I've been working with a Xilinx ZC702 development board with a Zynq7k processor, and have had no trouble flashing the onboard QSPI with the Platform Cable USB II.

Now suddenly, without changing anything, I'm getting:

Available targets and devices:
Target 0 : jsn1
Target 1 : jsn-DLC10-00001b31250f01

ERROR: Given target do not exist

I have tried power cycling both the board and programmer, re-setting the bootstrap switches (position 0 0 0 0 0), rebooting, nothing seems to have any effect.

Anyone have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @martyt1985 ,

Looks like JTAG is detected a dummy target as target0 and that is the reason you are seeing this issue. in Program flash memory window, please select the device to target 1 instead of auto detect and proceed further to program. if the Device is set to auto detect then may be the tool is trying to connect to target0 and there by it if failing as there is no valid target on target0.

Best Regards,

Srikanth

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @martyt1985 ,

Looks like JTAG is detected a dummy target as target0 and that is the reason you are seeing this issue. in Program flash memory window, please select the device to target 1 instead of auto detect and proceed further to program. if the Device is set to auto detect then may be the tool is trying to connect to target0 and there by it if failing as there is no valid target on target0.

Best Regards,

Srikanth

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

In the Xilinx SDK When I click 'Program Flash Memory', and attempt to click 'Select' for the device, it does not show a cable in the list, even though I have it connected.

The light on my Platform Cable USB II device is solid yellow.

It only appears to detect anything when I try to perform the actual program operation, and at that point it seems to choose the dummy 0 device instead of 1.

My target platform has VxWorks installed on it, I'm not sure if that might be the reason why this is happening.. but I don't recall having an issue with it in the past.

Also, I do have the driver installed for the Xilinx USB Cable..  driver date: 08/28/17, version 1.0.0.0,  Device description: Xilinx USB Cable
Running Windows 10

I find it peculiar that the cable does not show up on my drop down list\

UPDATE:  I have no idea why, but after removing the ribbon cable  and plugging it all back in, I suddenly get a green v-ref signal from the module, and I can now program again.. Not really sure how or if this fixed it, as the ribbon cable is keyed on each end. oh well!

0 Kudos