cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bnahill
Visitor
Visitor

Swapped microblazes in debug

I'm running Vivado 2016.2 with a design with two microblazes on a single debug module. I have an SDK project and BSP for each one, and each project generates an ELF while I have verified in simulation to be fine. However, when I go to debug over JTAG, the debug module has the two processors swapped, such that processor A's code runs on processor B and vise versa. Symbols are correct--it's just running on the wrong processor and so the code has trouble doing much useful stuff... I can't seem to find any files I can edit to fix this problem.

My solution so far: Assign the files in the bitstream generation and only be able to load alongside the bitstream, assigning symbol files manually.

Any ideas for how to re-align the exported hardware spec with debug config? I don't know how debug identifies each of the processors.

Thanks,

Ben

0 Kudos
1 Reply
a_j_n
Visitor
Visitor

I did have exactly the same issue and I found out that the microblaze naming does influence the order in which they appear in the hardware description.  So the name of microblaze_0 should be alphabetically in front of microblaze_1.

This workarround did help for me.

0 Kudos