UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Swapping ELFs in & out of memory

Hi,

I'm using ml506 with MicroBlaze, DDR2 cache and Xilkernel as BSP, I need to swap different binary files

in and out of program memory. I have enabled Memory Management Unit in MicroBlaze configurations to "Virtual memory"  mode,

the swapping operation should be done from inside the software, not by selecting "Run" from SDK menu

I have looked through the instruction set of "stand alone" and "xilkernel" but I don't seem to find instructions

that support loading and un-loading binary files from memory.

does xilkernel provide such swapping or paging capabilities or should I move to installing Linux on MicroBlaze?

Thank you very much for your help

Best Regards,
B.Romanous
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Swapping ELFs in & out of memory

there is a file system library delivered with the EDK:

C:\Xilinx\13.2\ISE_DS\EDK\sw\lib\sw_services\xilmfs_v1_00_a

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Swapping ELFs in & out of memory

Thanks... Actually I plan to store ELFs on ddr2 memory using xilmfs

after checking with xilkernel dataset (from UG643) I found that that the feature of swapping different processes (ELFs) is supported but still a deprecated feature. Apparently I need a loader which is not provided by Xilkernel.

Thanks again  

Best Regards,
B.Romanous
0 Kudos