UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor chenshaojie
Visitor

Syntax error when compiling input dtsi file

Hi all,

I was trying to run a DSI demo and added a "vacp-tpg.dtsi" file into project-spec/meta-user/recipes-bsp/device-tree/files/ and added including in "system-user.dtsi" and "device-tree-generation_%.bbappend".

When I did "petalinux-build", it show an error as:

Error: /home/car/petalinux/test1101_display/software/xilinx-zcu106-2017.1/build/tmp/work/plnx_aarch64-xilinx-linux/device-tree-generation/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+94fc615234-r0/vcap-tpg.dtsi:1.2-9 syntax error
FATAL ERROR: Unable to parse input tree

And the line 1 of vcap-tpg.dtsi is:

#include <dt-bindings/media/xilinx-vip.h>

&amba_pl {

vid_stream_clk: vid_stream_clk {

compatible = "fixed-clock";

#clock-cells = <0>;

clock-frequency = <300000000>;

};

Is there any wrong format in this file?

Thanks,

Jason

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: Syntax error when compiling input dtsi file

Hi @chenshaojie

Could you also share your bbappend file and how did you add the vacp-tpg.dtsi into your system-user.dtsi file?

BTW: This thread should be located within Embedded Linux board where Petalinux SDK is discussed ;)

Regards

Ibai

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor chenshaojie
Visitor

Sorry about the topic, I will take care next time:)

The Demo is following the document "ZCU106_3G_SDI_VCU_Development_Flow.pdf", and my bbappend file is as following:

SRC_URI_append ="\
    file://system-user.dtsi \
    file://vcu.dtsi \
    file://vcap-tpg.dtsi \
"
FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"

My system-user.dtsi file is as following, by the way, in the document 2-6-2, Figure 10 didn't show how to modify system-user.dtsi file but the bbappend file. So I wrote system-user.dtsi file myself. I also wonder if this file was wrong:

/include/ "system-conf.dtsi"
/include/ "vcu.dtsi"
/include/ "vcap-tpg.dtsi"
/ {
};

Please help me have a check, thank you!

0 Kudos

Hi @chenshaojie

I guess that the document you are referencing is the XAPP1290, but I cannot find any reference to Petalinux steps so not sure if I'm wrong or not, can you clarify to which XAPP/Demo are you referring?

In the vcap-tpg.dtsi I'm not sure about the purpose of #include <dt-bindings/media/xilinx-vip.h>, so can you clarify why are you using that? the issue seems to be related that the compiler cannot handle it, so I'm just wondering if that comes in the document or you added yourself.

Regards

Ibai

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor chenshaojie
Visitor

Thank you for your reply,

I was following a Demo given with ZCU106 board and for now I can't find it on Xilinx website, the name of the document is "ZCU106_3G_SDI_VCU_Development_Flow".

I tried to delete the "#include <dt-bindings/media/xilinx-vip.h>" and then it told me a compling error:

| Error: /home/car/petalinux/test1101_display/software/test1107/build/tmp/work/plnx_aarch64-xilinx-linux/device-tree-generation/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+94fc615234-r0/vcap-tpg.dtsi:44.29-30 syntax error
| FATAL ERROR: Unable to parse input tree

and the error code line is :

xlnx,video-format = <XVIP_VF_YUV_422>;

I guess this dtsi file is using some definition in xilinx-vip.h. AndI tried to put the head file under /home and include it like this:

/include/ "home/xilinx-vip.h"

This line is OK but the compiler can't recognize what are written in the head file, like

#ifndef __DT_BINDINGS_MEDIA_XILINX_VIP_H__

So does anyone know how can a dtsi file recongnize a *.h include file?

0 Kudos
Participant audier
Participant

hi,

I met the situation like you, have you solved the problem yet, can you give me some advice? 

0 Kudos