UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

The DMA location of AR# 46880

Jump to solution

Hi all

I just ZC702 board, and I'm thinking about using DMA to copy data from QSPI to DDR3.

And luckly there is similar design. Please refere this webpage http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/46880.html

But I have a couple of questions.

1. There is a DMA controller in the diagram. Is the DMA is on PL section? or PS section?

2. The CPU clock is 720MHz, but my system uses 666.666MHz. Chainging the clock from 666.66MHz to 720MHz is ok? no problem? if yes, why this design used 720MHz instead of 666.66MHz?

Thank you..,..

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: The DMA location of AR# 46880

Jump to solution
DMA in discussion is in PS section. You can set CPU clock frequency to 666.66 MHz (default value) as well. There should be no issues with the default CPU clock frequency.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: The DMA location of AR# 46880

Jump to solution
DMA in discussion is in PS section. You can set CPU clock frequency to 666.66 MHz (default value) as well. There should be no issues with the default CPU clock frequency.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos