Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crono123
Visitor
Visitor

Trouble Generating a Linker Script

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to create a new software application project in EDK 10.1.3 and when I try to generate a linker script I get this warning:

make -f system.make FSL_TestApp_program started...
make: *** No rule to make target `/cygdrive/c/Xilinx/FinalProjects/FSL_TestApp/FSL_TestApp_linker_script.ld', needed by `FSL_TestApp/executable.elf'.  Stop.
Done!

Any ideas would be appreciated and if I'm leaving out any pertinent details please let me know what I can supply.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
crono123
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for the tip.  It seems that EDK was not creating the directory needed for the software project.  After I made the directory, the tool generated the linker script in the appropriate location.  Things are good to go now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vsiva
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
Did the linker script get generated? The error says that make couldn't find "FSL_TestApp_linker_script.ld". See if it is there in the location specified and if you can read it.
crono123
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for the tip.  It seems that EDK was not creating the directory needed for the software project.  After I made the directory, the tool generated the linker script in the appropriate location.  Things are good to go now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos